2/10/22...It felt like springtime on this February morning..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was in the lower 30s under sunny sky’s.  In the house were C1, Toast, Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, TP4, Charles and Bethlehem ford guy.

Lining up by the scanners a ski patrol came around the corner and noticed the guy standing next to me was drinking a beer and wow he and another patroller went off on him and called security, it was the very friendly security guy who’s also a campus cop at cedar crest.  The funniest thing was the beer drinker turned out to be a Delco cop.  

First civilian quad and first two runs were on Razors which was very nice and smooth fast snow.  Switchback was 9 out of 10 and upper Main Street was an 11 out of 10..better than the Jackson hole groomers. I mainly skied Main Street with one run on sidewinder which was ok, there were some chunks churned up and a lot of goobers. I skied until 1030 and then hungout in the lot another 15 minutes or so with increasing clouds..even a few rain drops on the drive home.  The six pack also opened around 10am which erased the short line on the quad. All in all it was a pleasant early spring morning with winter snow.  

E0062D06-94DE-450E-9A1C-B5849F8ACCCD.jpeg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Benm said:

i heard them talking about that. was wondering, did he get the boot or no? and do you know where from in delco?

No boot, it was honestly nbd except it was two respect my authority types. I swore he said Newtown Square but steeze thought he said something like New Hamilton which I have never heard of.  If there is any takeaway it's evidence 9399949399292 that cops lack higher level brain power to understand the Golden rule but I do wish vtmark would have been there to call him out on his taticool plate holder. 

Snow on main was 11 out of 10, just perfect but everything else you can start to feel those freeze thaw cycles coming through. Razors was really good, switch has alot of weird lips and shit where the ski drops but is otherwise good.  

I have been impressed generally when I've expected shit snow they've done well so here's to hoping. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The funniest thing was the beer drinker turned out to be a Delco cop.  

Sounds about right.  Delco cops need to let people know they are cops, or they are a relative of a Delco cop.  Apparently the guy felt that telling the security guard loud enough that you guys could hear that he was a cop, was going to make everything ok?  Everyone in line is now supposed to have the utmost amount of respect for him?

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Sounds about right.  Delco cops need to let people know they are cops, or they are a relative of a Delco cop.  Apparently the guy felt that telling the security guard loud enough that you guys could hear that he was a cop, was going to make everything ok?  Everyone in line is now supposed to have the utmost amount of respect for him?

Sounds like a cop to me! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

huh, I don't think I've ever cracked one IN the lift line but have seen many do it and didn't realize it is verboten

The patroller said it could affect their liquor license. Honestly if I was a patroller I’d tell the dude to drink better beer as he was drinking a miller lite.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Sounds about right.  Delco cops need to let people know they are cops, or they are a relative of a Delco cop.  

He also has a tattoo of the Notre Dame fighting irish mascot on his calf and enjoys hanging out at the Elks club on the boardwalk in Wildwood.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Blue lives matter. 

28 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

couldn't be any further from how it went 😂

besides drinking the parking lot, those guys did nothing wrong.  the patroller(s) were standoffish from the beginning.  it's all about attitude and approach, and the patrollers approached them all wrong.

how it should go:

"Hey can you throw that out?  We don't allow drinking on the slopes" 

vs how it went:

"Really?!  Do you think that's ok?!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, NMSKI said:

He also has a tattoo of the Notre Dame fighting irish mascot on his calf and enjoys hanging out at the Elks club on the boardwalk in Wildwood.  

Gotta fly that Delco flag on the wildwood beach like BenM’s aunt Mary Pat. God she’s gorgeous...she even called me Hun

06A8A9E3-24E9-42ED-951E-5B5BE401D4DE.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1