New Lift for Blue?

billskis

Good evening all- been lurking here for a while.  1st - you guys do a great job keeping the forum "entertaining" and always have solid trip reports for Blue Mtn.  Tomorrow will be trip 4 for me this season to Blue - last year went mostly to Elk and (1) sorry trip to Camelback.   I've wanted to join for a while and saw something today on another forum that gave me a kick.  The poster said freinds at Blue told him plans are permitted and approved for project this summer to add new lift at Blue.  Maybe I missed it in another topic on this forum - if so sorry for the repost?   I like the idea of the lift servicing the Western top as its a PITA to get accross when crowded and you want to change it up...dont like they are taking both chairs away mid mntn as that is fun to loop sometimes espically when crowds suck in the valley.  Thoughts?  

The lift will have it's bottom terminal at the Valley Lodge. It will extend in a western direction to the very top of the mountain to where both Main St. and Burma twin double chairs end. , The existing Burma and Main st chairs will be removed, a good thing given their age.. Also removed is the short Valley lift starting just below the Mountain Lodge and going to the western summit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, billskis said:

Cool.   What is the best chance solution for the aging quad?   Replace in kind or reroute in said manner to the western top or both?   I'd still hate for the Main St chair not to be an option.   

Thanks grilled...I already feel like I've been here for years

Billskis none of this shit is happening. Just relax...also coming on here now when the majority of PASRs are asleep and the remaining few are intoxicated isn’t the best move.  Ask this question tomorrow before lunchtime.  You’re welcome I’m done here.  Good night 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Also beware of Toast..he’ll post shit like,”this is really cool” or sure I’d love to hit up bear creek but he’s just looking for likes.  He only posts for the likes.  Be aware of that and he’s married so he won’t try to suck your dick 

This is really cool 😎 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, billskis said:

The poster said freinds at Blue told him

We have heard alot of this lately.  Friends of friends, who talked to some guy in a full face helmet, that they couldnt hear great said.......

The old "Blue" is still working on the Del Boca Vista lodge.  its been a "work in progress".  

New Blue with KSL?  dunno, i mean they finally finished coming soon, that was nice.  Are we getting a new lift?  I'm not holding my breath.  

Keep in mind, they also have to work on paid parking, paving the lot, reconfiguring the lower lot to accommodate valet parking, trail expansion, updated LED lighting, and the new all you can eat (topings) at the Taco Bar.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Word is that blue is going to have free parking for season passholders next season and charge for parking for everybody else.  I’m down with that and I’m also still down with OPP..yeah you know me. 

Correction. Blue is going to charge for parking next season and season passholders will get a discount on paying for it with their price-increased season pass.

• Like 2