New Lift for Blue?

billskis

if the original post is correct, it looks like they will be removing the beginner chair?

"Also removed is the short Valley lift starting just below the Mountain Lodge"

While it's not a straight shot, it looks like the tech exists to make a small bend.

• Sad 2

If this does happen... I worry losing the main st chairs and the vista lift(if I understand  correctly)will make the base even more of a cluster.  Now all of the beginners on Burma and Vista will be going to the bottom and creating even more chaos at the bottom of Main St to the base.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Benm said:

if the original post is correct, it looks like they will be removing the beginner chair?

"Also removed is the short Valley lift starting just below the Mountain Lodge"

While it's not a straight shot, it looks like the tech exists to make a small bend.

Where does it say the short valley lift will be replaced below the mountain lodge. I don’t see that in the article. 

26 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

If this does happen... I worry losing the main st chairs and the vista lift(if I understand  correctly)will make the base even more of a cluster.  Now all of the beginners on Burma and Vista will be going to the bottom and creating even more chaos at the bottom of Main St to the base.

They aren’t removing the vista chair. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Yup shuttle will be much busier. The days of just being able to fly down Main Street or Switchback onto shuttle are over except when it’s real empty..maybe they’re set up the nets like the bottom of coming soon to keep speedsters from flying onto shuttle. 

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where does it say the short valley lift will be replaced below the mountain lodge. I don’t see that in the article. 

read closer. i said if original post verifies. not the article.

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup shuttle will be much busier. The days of just being able to fly down Main Street or Switchback onto shuttle are over except when it’s real empty..maybe they’re set up the nets like the bottom of coming soon to keep speedsters from flying onto shuttle. 

If I had to guess looking at google earth and based off the advertised vert of the new lift,  Burma should extend onto valley school east, then have Main Street extend onto valley school west, and have them separated in some way. It would keep the congestion down on shuttle. 

C3BE5C7F-0EE5-4FAB-B5AF-58A67AE14789.jpeg

Edited by rgrwilco
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

If I had to guess looking at google earth and based off the advertised vert of the new lift,  Burma should extend onto valley school east, then have Main Street extend onto valley school west, and have them separated in some way. It would keep the congestion down on shuttle. 

Nah then there’d be a ton of traffic on the learning hills.  Just funnel things to lower park, Central Park and homestretch like normal. A lot of the Burma folks are also going to want to get to the original six pack(challenge chair) or quad to get to paradise as well. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nah then there’d be a ton of traffic on the learning hills.  Just funnel things to lower park, Central Park and homestretch like normal. A lot of the Burma folks are also going to want to get to the original six pack(challenge chair) or quad to get to paradise as well. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if the whole vista lift area was turned into the learning area. Then little tommy could take his lessons while parents get sloshed in the nicer lodge. The small ski school area above the summit lodge can be extended longer with the carpets moved off the valley school slopes. 

6 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

C3BE5C7F-0EE5-4FAB-B5AF-58A67AE14789.jpeg

The green isn’t gonna happen that’s the employee and ski patrol parking lot it would cut through blue is possible but that would mean people flying onto the learning hill. Also I think the new left is gonna load farther down closer to where the corner of the parking lot is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if the whole vista lift area was turned into the learning area. Then little tommy could take his lessons while parents get sloshed in the nicer lodge. The small ski school area above the summit lodge can be extended longer with the carpets moved off the valley school slopes. 

Actually I don’t think so.  In recent years they moved first time and beginner lessons to the valley area..it’s a way better learning hill than vista.  The vista chair is mainly used by Jibhonks lapping come around. 

15 minutes ago, Benm said:

any way to determine from the details as to whether or not it will be fixed vs detachable? maybe i missed it somewhere.

100% it’s detachable as it said it will run at 1,000 feet per minute.  Fixed grip lifts run at about 500 feet per minute and the Main Street and Burma chairs about 400 fpm.  I’ve never seen a fixed grip six pack before.  That would be a total clusterfuck at loading and unloading points.  

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve never seen a fixed grip six pack before.  That would be a total clusterfuck at loading and unloading points.  

ah yeah makes sense. for whatever reason, i thought it was a quad when i was writing that.

I'm sad to lose the double doubles. All-in of course I would rather have this lift, but I liked the escape they provided to get a few more low line runs when the base started getting crowded. There were also times I liked to avoid the run out on the bottom too if I knew I was just gonna lap Switch or Main a few times.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Looks like they've already removed all the chairs from the Main St and Burma chairs?

Wao maybe tomorrow I'll hike the Lehigh Gap and check out 14N for gliding intel, and perhaps I'll add Blue Mountain Resorts to my itinerary to check this out

• Like 2