New Lift for Blue?

billskis

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When Blue replaced the old challenge double with a six pack in 2006, they stored the old chairs on one of their little paths in the woods near the top of the vista chair.  I don’t think any ski area would want the main or Burma lifts as they’re almost 40 years old. 

Possible upgrade for Elk? :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Full screen button work for you? It didn't for me on my computer, but does here:

https://api.wetmet.net/client-content/PlayerFrame.php?CAMERA=230-01-01&CFVER=PMVB&WIDTH=702&HEIGHT=527

the button doesn't work. I ctrl click or two finger click on the image and there's a full screen option. I just wish it would play continuously.

14 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

the button doesn't work. I ctrl click or two finger click on the image and there's a full screen option. I just wish it would play continuously.

if you're on a computer, you update the timeout variable in the console. you'll need it to cycle once until it stops, then hit play and then it should play a lot longer. not sure what the ceiling is, the default is 120000. 1000000 doesn't seem to be an issue.

tup = 1000000; 

Edited by Benm
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Benm said:

damn i didn't think anyone else had 4. they're all on the same machine.

image.png

image.png

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i have 2 monitors, i could open up my laptop, but i feel that would be cheating.  There is also a monitor in my office with the radar streaming on it.  Can i join youse guys club?

Mine are on two different, so I'm really cheating. Two monitors for the work laptop and then the open laptop with the monitor is my personal computer. Gotta keep 'em separated.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well thinly veiled brag that you have two monitors.  I have zero. We only had one computer in my office and my office manager has it at home.  She did buy me a cheap tablet. 

I honestly don't know how you operate without a computer at work but I'm kind of impressed. If I didn't have outlook I would be a disaster. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Schif said:

I honestly don't know how you operate without a computer at work but I'm kind of impressed. If I didn't have outlook I would be a disaster. 

I mostly work through files, snail mail, copy machine fax machine and email from my phone.  Office manager uses computer for design software, email and has a few different excel spreadsheets for tracking. If a family calls and wants to know the status, I just grab their file.  In theory we could have IPads where customers can design their own Memorial stones but that negates some of our value so I just sell from catalogues, our inventory and design cards and works grate.  

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

I remember charting everything on paper. When we went to computer I didn’t think I’d ever be able to learn it. Now when the computers are down, it causes widespread panic. And my writing is horrible anymore. 

I have terrible handwriting...when customers hand me over thousands of dollars I have to assure them that I’m not involved at all in the artwork and design..

On 4/26/2022 at 7:51 AM, momskeeztoo said:

I remember charting everything on paper. When we went to computer I didn’t think I’d ever be able to learn it. Now when the computers are down, it causes widespread panic. And my writing is horrible anymore. 

Overhead transparencies with stick on colored films, press on letters, and those 1/16 inch wide colored tapes that were flexible enough to go around bends for corporate management presentations. Exacto knives and Kohinoor pens. 

One of my projects from the early 90s was to digitize our library of engineering drawings into AutoCAD. Some of the old drawings from the early 1900s were genuine works of art. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I remember being mesmerized watching the multi pen vector plotter plotting the drawings we created in AutoCAD on our digitizer tablet next to the DOS and graphics monitors. 

Before that we used plastic lead on mylar. You had to watch your ashes as just about everybody smoke IN the office....my lettering was really nice then, now I can hardly read my own writing half the time