New Lift for Blue?

billskis

@Schif had to be like ... "did you see PASR recently?!"

This is huge news. I'm surprised its not on their social or email teasing the upcoming changes. 

Will this make the cover of the next PASR magazine? Also who is going to snatch the sign from the warming hut? Are they selling the chairs? I have so many questions.

10 minutes ago, skiincy said:

This is huge news. I'm surprised its not on their social or email teasing the upcoming changes. 

Will this make the cover of the next PASR magazine? Also who is going to snatch the sign from the warming hut? Are they selling the chairs? I have so many questions.

Blue has never sold chairs in the past. When they removed the old challenge double in 2006, those chairs just sat on a little dirt road in the woods near the top of the vista chair.  Blue has always been elusive about changes and improvements.  They have not officially announced the new lift.  In the old days, skiers wouldn’t find out about new lifts, trails and what not until the annual brochures came out in September.  

1 hour ago, skiincy said:

I can answer the magazine question for you. The answer is most likely. The staff is all over it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Benm said:

LP rep(s) arriving tomorrow.

Meant to look for this earlier -- was hoping it'd have some sort of timeline, but doesnt.

Ski Lift Installer - Blue Mountain Resort

I read somewhere else, maybe AZ, that LP was trying to hire anyone that would walk through their door.  seems like there are a lot of lifts being installed this year through out the country.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I read somewhere else, maybe AZ, that LP was trying to hire anyone that would walk through their door.  seems like there are a lot of lifts being installed this year through out the country.  

leitner positions show 

Alta
Keystone
Cascade
Vail
Whitefish
Steamboat

20 minutes ago, Benm said:

ya

here's another job posting that caught my attention -- mainly this part -- "Additionally, the Parking Concierge is responsible for accurately collecting and reconciling revenue"

Parking Attendant - Blue Mountain Resort

Whats catching my attention is the listed is posted by "towne Park".  It sort of makes you think they are subbing out the parking thing.  

6 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Apparently it’s very hard to get in there but due to all the rising warehouse jobs salaries I gave my delivery guy a big raise last year.  I don’t want him to jump ship.  

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

Why is Blue Mountain looking for lifeguards? 

only guess is they'll be sectioning off a chunk of the lake for glampers / teambuilding groups?

interesting find tho

Edited by Benm