New Lift for Blue?

billskis

3 hours ago, Benm said:

ya

here's another job posting that caught my attention -- mainly this part -- "Additionally, the Parking Concierge is responsible for accurately collecting and reconciling revenue"

Parking Attendant - Blue Mountain Resort

ok, you're stealth. I appreciate the info!

Is their facebook blowing up with suspicion? I feel like I should make it unofficially official and update their wikipedia page. 

45 minutes ago, skiincy said:

ok, you're stealth. I appreciate the info!

Is their facebook blowing up with suspicion? I feel like I should make it unofficially official and update their wikipedia page. 

They haven’t post on FB much.  Maybe something about their Mother’s Day brunch or glamping.  If not for our resident spy BenM and tickle me toast who has access to blues webcam, I don’t even think there’d be this much speculation.  Pay parking for non season passholders seems like a decent idea. 

Paid parking was always inevitable, and it was equally inevitable that season passholders won't have to pay. I just hope they don't crack down on shenanigans, and I hope that they don't cordon and stratify the lot, sending SP holders to bumfuck for our free parking. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Paid parking was always inevitable, and it was equally inevitable that season passholders won't have to pay. I just hope they don't crack down on shenanigans, and I hope that they don't cordon and stratify the lot, sending SP holders to bumfuck for our free parking. 

Pure speculation of course but I think the PASR section of the lot may be part of the paid section. My guess but I think we're looking at the bus lot or tail end of the bottom lot closer to the road. Either way I don't think anyone bothers us there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Pure speculation of course but I think the PASR section of the lot may be part of the paid section. My guess but I think we're looking at the bus lot or tail end of the bottom lot closer to the road. Either way I don't think anyone bothers us there.

I may have a minority opinion but I don’t really care much about where we park as long as it is free and they don’t bother us. I value what we have as a group more than the location that we park. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I may have a minority opinion but I don’t really care much about where we park as long as it is free and they don’t bother us. I value what we have as a group more than the location that we park. 

I agree.  A few extra steps isn't the end of the world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

34 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

I agree.  A few extra steps isn't the end of the world.

I definitely agree as well, just remembering the pushback we gave them a few years back when Barb tried to move us. 😂😂

We coulda had fire pits!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

If you arrive early you should be able to park where you want.  

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I hope they make us park all the way in the back of the secondary lot near lower smith gap road.  Karma for those here who supported paid parking 😂😂

If I have to walk far in ski boots I'm asking for a refund and never skiing at Blue Mountain again!!!

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 3

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you arrive early you should be able to park where you want.  

You would think, but i guess it depends upon how they do this.  If the entire parking area is paid parking, how would someone just going to True Blue for a pair of high priced pants, some fancy googles, and some Blueberry chapstick be handled?  

I have said it before, but im not going to get all wrapped up about where people think we are going to park, when we have no idea how this is gonna work as of now.  There are more important things to worry about right now, like why it rains every weekend.  

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Put on your boots in the lodge. 

Funk that, I only do things the most efficient way possible. That's the antithesis of efficient and a colossal waste of time. Only gapers put their boots on in the lodge. 

Edited by saltyant