New Lift for Blue?

billskis

17 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Paid parking was always inevitable, and it was equally inevitable that season passholders won't have to pay. I just hope they don't crack down on shenanigans, and I hope that they don't cordon and stratify the lot, sending SP holders to bumfuck for our free parking. 

I don't think it's inevitable. There's so much open space. It's not like their limited by physical constraints that other mountains have. Also - there are plenty of other big name mountains that don't choose to charge for parking.

1 minute ago, skiincy said:

I don't think it's inevitable. There's so much open space. It's not like their limited by physical constraints that other mountains have. Also - there are plenty of other big name mountains that don't choose to charge for parking.

The people who own camelback now own blue mountain and camelback charges for parking.  

$1200 is certainly not leaving any money on the chairs, there hasn't been money left on the table in quite a while. I'm getting ready for them to pave the parking lot and sell the bigger pieces of gravel off at $5 a piece before they bring the asphalt in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, skiincy said:

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The people who own camelback now own blue mountain and camelback charges for parking.  

Yeah, that's why it was inevitable, once it changed owners. Not necessary, just inevitable. Just like the mountain coaster is inevitable.

1 minute ago, Schif said:

$1200 is certainly not leaving any money on the chairs, there hasn't been money left on the table in quite a while. I'm getting ready for them to pave the parking lot and sell the bigger pieces of gravel off at $5 a piece before they bring the asphalt in. 

At $1200 a chair, there's no money left for a table!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

The only value for me would be nostalgic. 
Those damn chairs are very uncomfortable,you’d have to put cushions on to make them useable. 

I have a friend who is a welder and he could probably make one for a couple hundred. 

Yeah, i could definitely make one for way less. 

how many chairs on each line? 70?  Thats a shitload of money. I dont know if there will be a big line up for them at $1200. 

37 minutes ago, Schif said:

Boulder would be doing much better if they sold the chairs for $1200. They left money on the table 

I think $1200 is pretty pricey. Good for them if they sell them all, but what do you do when interest is low at that price?  

55 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Yeah, i could definitely make one for way less. 

how many chairs on each line? 70?  Thats a shitload of money. I dont know if there will be a big line up for them at $1200. 

I think there are close to 250 chairs total. I would be shocked if they actually sold all of them at that price. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I think $1200 is pretty pricey. Good for them if they sell them all, but what do you do when interest is low at that price?  

Then you lower the price and of course the folks who bought them for $1200 will be pissed.  A think some of those Richie Rich race team families will buy them. 

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Then you lower the price and of course the folks who bought them for $1200 will be pissed.  A think some of those Richie Rich race team families will buy them. 

That right there is pretty much the blue mt thing to do. Cut the price in half, and then give the people that paid $1200 a $50 gift card. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Maybe u can fly over blue and skywrite "say no to free parking". And maybe they will skywrite STFU back at you. And maybe you'll post something that doesn't contain hypotheticals and maybes. Maybe?

But I'm very pro free parking as paid parking is the devil like foosball.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah I didn’t understand PARidgeRacers comment I don’t think anybody wants to pay for parking.  If they only charge for non season passholders I’m cool with it.  

Exactly. Because sp holders aren't paying for parking. Charge non SP holders all they want for all I care. No need for anyone to be up in arms.