New Lift for Blue?

billskis

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

So that means we’re gonna be able to park at the bottom early season.  This is gonna give Blue mountain a real big mountain feel. I’m also gonna be skiing widowmaker a lot more. 

Or maybe (hopefully not), they arent able to open as early now.

Let me preface this by saying it's extremely unlikely BUT

They could maintain their ability to open early with just the upper mountain if they build a mid-station into this new lift that would load at the bottom of main street. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

They could maintain their ability to open early with just the upper mountain if they build a mid-station into this new lift that would load at the bottom of main street. 

I don’t see this happening but I thought about it.  

Just now, Benm said:

they can open ttb they just choose not to. it'd require them to blow on tuts lane or whatever but why bother.

those school hills have unreal whales on them early in the season.

With the new lift they don’t need tuts lane.  Just shuttle and either homestretch or lower park.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

With the new lift they don’t need tuts lane.  Just shuttle and either homestretch or lower park.  

obviously which is why i don't think timing is going to be an issue. they're able to blow snow down there EARLY.

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm fine with just the Vista lift as well to start off. It will keep the crowds down because of the dotards who say they won't come out just to ski that.

• Like 1

i'm wondering if the initial post for this thread had the details wrong about the lifts... like maybe they're removing the training hill lift, not vista. there hasn't been any hint on either, but i don't really see them doing all of that work for the vista chair in the middle of the kids hoopla area during summer.

seems like it'll be very congested having a 6er terminal in the school hill area.

if that's the case tho and the training hill lift does stay, please remember to be kind to the beginners while you ride parallel to and overtop of them... 

Edited by Benm

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I'm fine with just the Vista lift as well to start off. It will keep the crowds down because of the dotards who say they won't come out just to ski that.

Fuck the vista lift only. Terrible idea.  Most of the dotards will still be out and the line will be super long. 

• Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm wondering if the initial post for this thread had the details wrong about the lifts... like maybe they're removing the training hill lift, not vista. there hasn't been any hint on either, but i don't really see them doing all of that work for the vista chair in the middle of the kids hoopla area during summer.

seems like it'll be very congested having a 6er terminal in the school hill area.

if that's the case tho and the training hill lift does stay, please remember to be kind to the beginners while you ride parallel to and overtop of them... 

They aren’t removing the vista lift or the ski school lifts.  They’re removing the Burma and Main Street chairs.  The article was wrong. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

Wahahahah next season I’m gonna be yelling,”Hey Leroy meet me in the lodge in ten minutes” to lots of people.  And also the typical Walt Walt Walt Walt lol