New Lift for Blue?

billskis

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Fuck the vista lift only. Terrible idea.  Most of the dotards will still be out and the line will be super long. 

The vista lift is dumb. On a perder day I skied thru a gap in the fence and the attendant said yOu HaVe tO gO aRoUnD nExT tIMe even though there were zero people in line. I say get rid of the Vista lift!!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The vista lift is dumb. On a perder day I skied thru a gap in the fence and the attendant said yOu HaVe tO gO aRoUnD nExT tIMe even though there were zero people in line. I say get rid of the Vista lift!!

Nah the vista lift is good for the Jibhonks to hit up the cum around Bonk yard and rail garden and for beginners to lap easy out and vista, also for the SaltyAnts who don’t want to be challenged by midway and Main Street early season so can ride it to get first tracks down lazy mile. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Schif said:

Let me preface this by saying it's extremely unlikely BUT

They could maintain their ability to open early with just the upper mountain if they build a mid-station into this new lift that would load at the bottom of main street. 

It would be interesting to see the average Pocono's skiier encounter a mid-station lift, but I also think it's going to be interesting to see the dynamics of that intersection with no lift loading going on. Smoothing the transition from Burma to Shuttle and avoiding the uphill to go over the horn could make Burma runs more enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Benm said:

i'm wondering if the initial post for this thread had the details wrong about the lifts... like maybe they're removing the training hill lift, not vista. there hasn't been any hint on either, but i don't really see them doing all of that work for the vista chair in the middle of the kids hoopla area during summer.

seems like it'll be very congested having a 6er terminal in the school hill area.

if that's the case tho, please remember to be kind to the beginners while you ride parallel to and overtop of them... 

I've wondered how the lift line is going to interact with the learning hill and the carpets there, if the station is to be where the warming hut was. 

On 2/10/2022 at 9:27 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Also this is made up rumors it’s not happening..Billski

On 2/10/2022 at 9:45 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Billskis none of this shit is happening. Just relax...also coming on here now when the majority of PASRs are asleep and the remaining few are intoxicated isn’t the best move.  Ask this question tomorrow before lunchtime.  You’re welcome I’m done here.  Good night 

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They aren’t removing the vista lift or the ski school lifts.  They’re removing the Burma and Main Street chairs.  The article was wrong. 

Trust GSS.   He's never wrong.

• Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

I got out my crowns (Delco speak for Crayons) and sort of fixed @antman12's map a little.  Getting to the bottom of the Summit Safari Super 6 Pack Supreme with a shortcut wouldnt be that much harder than what they really do now.  They always start early blowing snow on that school thing like crazy.  

image.png.877c876828e89733aaf442434c0598bd.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

It’s not the Vista lift’s fault you can’t follow directions 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I guess at some point the new lift crosses main street/Burma?  I mean, at this point they are really committed to this new lift.  It would kind of suck at this point if there is some type of Blue Mountain catastrophe that prevents them from getting it done.  

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I guess at some point the new lift crosses main street/Burma?  I mean, at this point they are really committed to this new lift.  It would kind of suck at this point if there is some type of Blue Mountain catastrophe that prevents them from getting it done.  

I'm surprised they aren't routing it right up the lift line of the Burma/Main Street Chair. I'm sure there's a good reason it's not going there but I just can't seem to figure out what that is right now. I'm not a huge fan of lifts that turn though so maybe it's for the best. 

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm surprised they aren't routing it right up the lift line of the Burma/Main Street Chair. I'm sure there's a good reason it's not going there but I just can't seem to figure out what that is right now. I'm not a huge fan of lifts that turn though so maybe it's for the best. 

If i had to guess, I would say they need space for the bottom terminal which would be pretty substantial in size. It would hav made that intersection an even bigger cluster F*ck.

This new alignment if done right would allow Burma road to flow right into shuttle or the valley school hill. That also gives blue two really long top to bottom beginner routes. Beginners love being able to say “they went to the top”

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Schif said:

I don't think that the lift could start where they want it to and then make the turn to drop into that lift line without an angle station, which is surely more expensive then clearing the new line. Maybe if they could have reused the footers from the doubles it could have been feasible.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I bet @Benm wants one of those towers.  

tbh what i'd really like is one of the 'put lift bar down' or whatever signs from the initial towers. i might email JD and ask, tho it prob depends where they're going. like i said, i really like signage.

• Like 1