New Lift for Blue?

billskis

Just now, AtomicSkier said:

im prety sure they're doing tower removal.  and yes, when it's time to set the new towers, they'll do it in a day most likely.

You're right. They will have to have all the bases set and ready to go first and then just drop them down on the anchor bolts. Actually might only be a half days worth of work depending how fast they can get them done. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

is blue actually throwing us a bone and moving the valley cam towards construction area?

or is it all just an accident...

image.thumb.png.2563dc6fe1a64b4fd6fa7d159033eeba.png

Something bumped into it.  Happy accident.  

Im in for a little PASR Parking Lot lift tower assembly tailgate for the Summit Safari Super 6 Pack Supreme.  However, i dont think this will be for a little while, but planning ahead is always important.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benm said:

no, i do not believe so. looks like the large chunk missing is to the right of come around.

it seems like the small bit of tre es separating the two are still there.  

see here

just an edit - i coulr be wrong -- i'm not able to recall the whole layout all that well and how much vegetation was between the two. 

one interesting thing i found (after reading a the trail report that said the chute bike path was closed) is a video from last week from that bike path. maybe someone with a better memory can compare (i believe xing starts at 3:44) -- 

At 3:44 they are way below X-ing. At 2:01 they are crossing above Sleepy Hollow Glade and then across Come Around, and X-ing would be a right turn at that intersection. At 3:03 they are onto Midway at the Chute intersection. You can see at the top there are still plenty of trees. That sign is the one that Says Midway left, The Chute right.

369936035_MidwayChute.thumb.png.1fbee9f2f6ab293538ca6f0ba5800e39.png

I believe at the 3:44 point they are coming out of the woods skier's left of Midway as it flattens into Little Gap, the trail that feeds down to Burma. 

454590443_LittleGap.thumb.png.49e81ad67e2b8a44a4826c4208b8029e.png

Then cut across Midway and at 3:52 enter the small space between Midway and Chute, where you can see some fresh cut on the left including a prominent stump, but uphill of this point it looks like the trees are intact between the two. Just past that stump the bike trail takes a slight left on the steeper Chute to cut across it and onto Main St.

midway.thumb.png.b53f3615c840233018897534e9c39427.png

At 3:53 the grass to the right is Chute and the dirt road running across the frame is where Barney's would be if the bump line continued down into the Chute exit.

Chute.thumb.png.5c1a494e5808b643b4f748fd3cc34efd.png

At 4:09 while they are stopped he looks down Main St and you can really see how much they cleared out behind the guns on the left. 

367376219_MainStleftcleared.thumb.png.08ffc93c256f0b26bef95e880f3175ec.png

Edited by enjoralas

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

sorry, i didn't mean xing, i meant whatever that little crossover is that comes off the left of midway and into yeti 

just looked at the trail map, yes lil gap.

Edited by Benm

29 minutes ago, Benm said:

sorry, i didn't mean xing, i meant whatever that little crossover is that comes off the left of midway and into yeti 

just looked at the trail map, yes lil gap.

Right on. Hard to keep track of all the names of those little "trails."

3 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Maybe rigging from heli lifts?

Could be. Was wondering if they need to string something temporary from those poles they set up the left side, though I have no idea what that was. 

Mostly I'm bored and trying to help get us to 100 pages without to much uselessness 

• Haha 1