New Lift for Blue?

billskis

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

This is perhaps premature but I'm beginning to wonder if this will be completed in time for opening day.

I’m sure they have access to a calendar. Nothing to worry about and amazing that we won’t have to park up top anymore early season. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

This is perhaps premature but I'm beginning to wonder if this will be completed in time for opening day.

I think they are moving along ok, maybe not setting the world on fire but seeing some really big holes in the ground is a very good thing.  But of course, those holes are probably the easiest ones to dig and access.  I think the big thing for making this all work, is when the concrete for the towers goes in the ground.  I am pretty sure there will need to be significant cure time on the concrete before they can set towers on them.  Like maybe a month or so.  Keep in mind, since the main street and burma lifts are gone, and those chairs all sold off, not completing this on time will be the mother of all fuck ups.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I think they are moving along ok, maybe not setting the world on fire but seeing some really big holes in the ground is a very good thing.  But of course, those holes are probably the easiest ones to dig and access.  I think the big thing for making this all work, is when the concrete for the towers goes in the ground.  I am pretty sure there will need to be significant cure time on the concrete before they can set towers on them.  Like maybe a month or so.  Keep in mind, since the main street and burma lifts are gone, and those chairs all sold off, not completing this on time will be the mother of all fuck ups.  

@Ski2Live Live2Skican start his business shuttling people to the summit lodge from the valley in his Subaru SUV if that happens. 

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think we will see concrete this week. It's a decent sized risk to open up those holes and let them get rained on. I would love to see the forms being built. 

Will there be rebar?  How deep do you think they go with the foundations?  Schif I always forget that you went to school for engineering before you became a businessman. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, mikes781 said:

Metal power structure thing came down this morning.

someone is going to need to show me where/what this thing is.  i like to think i am fairly aware of things, but i have no idea what you guys are talking about.  

Hole looks bigger than before. There is a concrete square in there but might be for a pole rather than the terminal.

No poles or anything but they could be up top. Ton of Spartan race stuff sitting in the lot tho

20220703_165042.jpg

20220703_165128.jpg

1656888144839_20220703_165140.jpg

Edited by Benm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Really wish a camera was pointed towards the "construction" that might be occurring. A lot of nothing seems to be going on. 

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Seems like they pointed them even farther away from the action.

Here's a screenshot of a partly installed lower lift house:

lift.JPG

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...