New Lift for Blue?

billskis

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I really can't figure out where they are at with progress on this. 

On one hand, they don't have a lower house or any towers erected (huhhuh) that we can see.

But on the other hand, they already have the traditional Six Pack Lake in place.

image.png.d5b7d4dd9ee372fc2b5a6bb4e0a2f710.png

this little picture is kind of odd.  I think we all agree that the footings for the towers are poured.  They probably cant actually erect anything on them until the concrete cures.  But, at the same time, stations are where i would imagine the load being pulled from, like i mean the haul line gets tensioned from those 2, so like they are almost like trying to pull the footers out of the ground.  i would think the load on the tower footers is really pretty much just straight down.  

I would have thought the top and bottom footers would have been poured first, but who knows.  it looks like the pad behind the shed is where the counter weight would go, so, maybe thats the really important piece to that puzzle.  

19 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

this little picture is kind of odd.  I think we all agree that the footings for the towers are poured.  They probably cant actually erect anything on them until the concrete cures.   

What PSI  concrete do you think you need for a chairlift? 

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is a foundation different than a footing?  Some of my customers call foundations footings.  

Does your old ass iPhone have google?

https://civiltoday.com/geotechnical-engineering/foundation-engineering/219-difference-between-footing-and-foundation

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

i don't think modern lifts have hanging counterweights anymore.  

no, you are correct.  i dont know what im thinking.  for some reason i keep seeing a concrete block swinging around behind the station in my mind.  good thing im not helping build it, huh?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did JFBB put the towers in yet?

I've resigned myself to the fact that the summit safari extreme deluxe whatever won't be ready for ski season.

dunno, the video they posted is kind off all over the place.  

I think as long as all the concrete gets in the ground here in the next week or two, it will be good to go.  Its not like we are gonna be skiing next month.  

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did JFBB put the towers in yet?

I've resigned myself to the fact that the summit safari extreme deluxe whatever won't be ready for the start of ski season.

.. and they still probably won't run the quad and 6-pack at the same time at opening bell.  (Assuming terrain is open for both lifts)

10 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

.. and they still probably won't run the quad and 6-pack at the same time at opening bell.  (Assuming terrain is open for both lifts)

I’m sure it will be on a day by day basis.  It will be interesting to decide between the old six pack and new six pack for opening ding dong 

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m sure it will be on a day by day basis.  It will be interesting to decide between the old six pack and new six pack for opening ding dong 

Original six pack for the first two runs to maybe snag some Razors then head over to the Summit Safari Six Pack Supreme for some fast main street laps.