New Lift for Blue?

billskis

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

starting to get a visual as to what this will end up looking like.  i couldnt really figure out the multiple footings.  this is Stowes lift, which is not the same make, but you can get the gist of it a little more.  

image.png.fd4108dfd765f59dae26ba35b08d486d.png

Ah, so it looks like the current little shack at Blue is going to sit inside the U-turn of lift then.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:06 PM, AtomicSkier said:

i think @Benm posted pictures from both sides ... no windows?  Unless this is just storage and they're going to use a prefab'd control room that a lot of modern lifts use?

I was wondering the same thing, I expected to see a window on the other side but Benm's pictures determined that was a lie. A bit of sleuthing found this pic ( a few years old) on Leitner-Poma;s Facebook page. It seems they do indeed fab the control rooms offsite and bring them in, so I guess this room is probably for machinery maybe?

1813261796_lphouses.thumb.jpg.9cf2003a27fbb5a3bf631d7f5195dab5.jpg

23 hours ago, Schif said:

As of Saturday when @Benm took those pics it looks like there is still concrete to be poured.

For sure. Could be wrong and pics blur at distance, but there doesn't seem to be any tower footers poured uphill.

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

starting to get a visual as to what this will end up looking like.  i couldnt really figure out the multiple footings.  this is Stowes lift, which is not the same make, but you can get the gist of it a little more.  

image.png.fd4108dfd765f59dae26ba35b08d486d.png

I'm still not quite sure how to read the footings. The long line appears to clearly be for the station and first tower group. The ones off to the sides have me a bit confused. Especially since there are some off to both sides. For reference, also found this pic of a Leitner-Poma 6-pack on their FB page that might be a good representation of layout (and shows the prefab shack):

280441508_lpbase.thumb.jpg.d25942884ff7244c368a6a4b42da23a2.jpg

Also noticed the mangled pipe in the bottom of this @Benm photo. Hope that wasn't important:

1798445315_brokenpipe.thumb.JPG.2c22f9de049c3d1b175018eefb17abca.JPG

26 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

The ones off to the sides have me a bit confused. Especially since there are some off to both sides. 

1798445315_brokenpipe.thumb.JPG.2c22f9de049c3d1b175018eefb17abca.JPG

Waffle shack!

i dont know what they are for either.  i needed the clarity of the other photo to kind of see what was kind of going on.  I still kind of have my mind focused on lift 4 (i think) at Greek Peak, which i find to just be the coolest little weekend/beer drinking type project ever.  

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope just wedding, glamping and Cocktoberfest stuff. 

If I was Blue management I’d be tight lipped about the project. The last thing you want is gappers falling holes or getting impaled on re bar . 

It’s amazing how oblivious people can be, I changed out a 15 ton Rooftop AC / heat unit. Had area roped off , caution tape, and cones with a huge crane set up. Someone drove right though everything while the unit was 10’ in the air. I guess they really needed their pancakes. 

37 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

If I was Blue management I’d be tight lipped about the project. The last thing you want is gappers falling holes or getting impaled on re bar . 

It’s amazing how oblivious people can be, I changed out a 15 ton Rooftop AC / heat unit. Had area roped off , caution tape, and cones with a huge crane set up. Someone drove right though everything while the unit was 10’ in the air. I guess they really needed their pancakes. 

Oh I know just from helping install memorial stones.  We don’t want the family there when doing the installation and sometimes they are there anyway and we’ve even had to set up cones for them to stay back.  People want to help us push the buggy and shit. Hell to the no if a cemetery worker wants to assist it’s different but no way for families.  And you brought up a good point.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did someone say ski twist? (Btw Doug I have you to thank for bringing this gem into my life)

Wow just wow that’s sort of the way you ski lol I’ve seen you do the ski twist on dream weaver before and it worked perfectly with the pitch and angle of the trail.  I’m no Jean Claude Killy my steeze only works for me.  

15 hours ago, Benm said:

@enjoralas

One thing that stuck out to me, though it was hard to see with where I was at, was that the spots that were dug out for the towers on the learning hill looked refilled and had grass growing. I could be wrong. 

It certainly looks that way after taking another look at your pics. Perhaps the first signal that this is "lift Coming Soon?"

If they can’t get the lift finished by opening day, they can just be open vista lift only for the JibHonks and lovers of slow deliberate turns maybe seed some moguls on upper Vista. A few strategic magic carpets and rope tows would be nice..maybe for Connector..x-ing—Barney’s bumps pod off the central Gully just north of Giraffe peak. Imagine getting off the quad and getting the last of the freshies in the glades then pounding out bumps on lower Barney’s then take the Barney’s rope tow back to connector and skate over to the prickly peacock tiki bar for a Mai Tai..

10 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Pic from reconnaissance flight this AM ... sun wasn't on the mountain when I flew by around 9am.

IMG_0100.jpeg

looks like the footers may be there after all, so that's good. I wonder if LP is behind on delivery, with supply chain issues? There's not a whole lot of steel sitting there. Didn't see any around the lots at the bottom anywhere when we were up on Sunday.

The pics that were shared earlier in the thread that aren't available anymore because Instagram is stupid may not have been Blue's lift. It looked like cobblestone type lot in the pic, but I drove by those waterpark lots at the top on Sunday as well and they were empty. 

I wonder if Blue isn't behind so much as there's no reason for them to be rushing if they don't have the lift yet

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I wonder if Blue isn't behind so much as there's no reason for them to be rushing if they don't have the lift yet

i would be surprised if Blue actually has much to do with this at this point.  they are probably along for the ride as we are.  Seems like Blue clearing the land for the liftline is innocent enough, but them being liable for actual construction seems unlikely.  1) let someone else assume the risk.  2) have some outside contractor to blame if its not done on time, or some other failure.  

Sort of wonder if there is a penalty clause with LP for completion by a certain date.  With the way things are these days, i would doubt it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not lift related but people are throwing bean bags outside the summit lodge.  I’m actually pretty good at that..

This gives me flashbacks to July 4th weekend when I camped out and some boomers were playing beanbag for 5 hours straight until the wee hours in the morning (3 am) and yelling loudly depending on whether the beanbag would hit some wood, go inside of a hole, or even come to rest in a grassy lea. From all the yelling and merrymaking I had to transport my sleeping cot and pillow to a babbling Brook as to mask the loud noises of the night as the beanbags whirred through the humid mid-summer northern Pennsylvania night air amid all the hootin' and hollerin'.

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This gives me flashbacks to July 4th weekend when I camped out and some boomers were playing beanbag for 5 hours straight until the wee hours in the morning (3 am) and yelling loudly depending on whether the beanbag would hit some wood, go inside of a hole, or even come to rest in a grassy lea. From all the yelling and merrymaking I had to transport my sleeping cot and pillow to a babbling Brook as to mask the loud noises of the night as the beanbags whirred through the humid mid-summer northern Pennsylvania night air amid all the hootin' and hollerin'.

Now that was a cool story 

• Thanks 1