New Lift for Blue?

billskis

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Blue just posted a 30 second video on FB about how the new lift is "moving along"  The overhead view does put things in a little better prospective.  

Definitely does. In this pic it's obvious that the station will go to the left of the building, the foundation downhill of the building is probably for the pre-fab operator house, and some (or all) of the footings on the right are for the chair storage rail @Lift Blog mentioned. They appear to be two separate rows, I wonder if they are for something else as well. And  I still wonder what the three really large footings are for that are downhill of all of this picture, the zoom was too close to grab a shot of all of it

image.png.418bd55df9973ed47188af392c92fb9d.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Definitely does. In this pic it's obvious that the station will go to the left of the building, the foundation downhill of the building is probably for the pre-fab operator house, and some (or all) of the footings on the right are for the chair storage rail @Lift Blog mentioned. They appear to be two separate rows, I wonder if they are for something else as well. And  I still wonder what the three really large footings are for that are downhill of all of this picture, the zoom was too close to grab a shot of all of it

Perhaps the chair storage rail supports?  With the chair rail going something like this around the building?

image.png.2650c2b969ba99e82787253a429e5f31.png

• Like 1

My take:

It would never take that many towers that close together to run the rope up. Also we all know that if you try to put 7 people on a 6 pack you'll be stopped above a pond, which seems to have been dug already. As a result I'm guessing that the one long footer on the left of the picture is what the station will sit on, you'll ride over the cut out area until you get to the first tower. No idea what the other footers are for. 

image.thumb.png.e1832b5c2fb9d6c7e6229f33a821351d.png

If steel starts showing up, I think they can get it together pretty quickly. Like Dan said, Blue is probably mostly out of the picture at this point. If they were building it in-house, I think we'd be ready to welcome it for the 2024 winter season. But contractors wanna get paid. The footers are all in, the site looks pretty well prepped, just need the lift to show up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New name leaked? Main Street Express. By the news reporter in the clip here, so take it with a grain of salt:

https://fox56.com/news/local/blue-mountain-resort-begins-lift-renovations

Another interesting read, confirms that tower footers were set 8/15:

Of particular interest is the last line, Blue Mountain still has some lift chairs available for anyone who is interested.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

New name leaked? Main Street Express. By the news reporter in the clip here, so take it with a grain of salt:

Another interesting read, confirms that tower footers were set 8/15:

Of particular interest is the last line, Blue Mountain still has some lift chairs available for anyone who is interested.

"Blue Mountain Resort in <where????> is getting..."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How was it compared to Fogo De Chao?  I’ve been to Fogo twice so have nothing else to compare it to.  I’ll checkout their website menu 

Definitely tiers below Fogo, but also much cheaper. On par with Rios over in Nazareth. The meats at both are all good and tasty, you aren't going to get the top end cuts like filet. The "sides" bar at both is also very minimal and *nothing* like at Fogo.

I need to go back to Fogo, lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Definitely tiers below Fogo, but also much cheaper. On par with Rios over in Nazareth. The meats at both are all good and tasty, you aren't going to get the top end cuts like filet. The "sides" bar at both is also very minimal and *nothing* like at Fogo.

I need to go back to Fogo, lol

Fogo and Nabrasa ❤️❤️❤️

4 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Did you notice that he alluded to this being the first step in their "master plan". Master plan??

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did you notice that he alluded to this being the first step in their "master plan". Master plan??

I think they definitely still intend to expand east. In the board meeting where they discussed buying that farm a few years ago Barb mentioned they wanted to add slopes over there.

A hotel is going to happen of course. I think with KSL in charge it’s likely to go at the base. I get the feeling Barb was super emotionally invested in having it at the top and KSL is more likely to go with common sense. Will probably have an indoor waterpark unless they think the market saturation is too much and it would cannibalize Camelback too much.

I’ve got even money odds on a mountain coaster next year. That a quick, relatively cheap addition. I wonder if there are any mountain coasters that load at the top then cart the rider back up to unload? Seems like that would be the most logical way to set it up and lump it in with the Summit Adventure stuff, unless they add more base activities at the same time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2022 at 4:45 PM, enjoralas said:

They can open Come Around with the Vista lift

They can't start Lower Main Street, Midway, Easy Out, Burma, Shuttle, and Home Stretch to reach the new lift and also run Come Around. There's not enough compressed air for that unless it's low teens or colder.