New Lift for Blue?

billskis

On 9/30/2022 at 7:44 AM, Lift Blog said:

The row of footings off to the side are for the chair parking rail. Mid Atlantic = ice storms. Western lifts usually don't need parking.

The big retaining wall and open space by Comet Lift was for a storage rail - they just never went back and added the rail itself.

Neither current detach has a chair shed yet, but Ops really wishes they did some mornings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did you notice that he alluded to this being the first step in their "master plan". Master plan??

I saw something and I feel like I am reading into it way too much but can't shake it. 

Notice the 'project'. Why would it specify the side? Why not just 'blue mountain'. I can't see it being instructions for where to dump the spool. Im wondering if the Vista chair will be coming down - just not until next season. 

Blue, if you're reading I will pay you $$$ for that spool after it's unwound

IMG_20220924_1341397.jpg

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Benm said:

I saw something and I feel like I am reading into it way too much but can't shake it. 

Notice the 'project'. Why would it specify the side? Why not just 'blue mountain'. I can't see it being instructions for where to dump the spool. Im wondering if the Vista chair will be coming down - just not until next season. 

IMG_20220924_1341397.jpg

I prefer to think of it as KSL has already had discussions about the expansion pod, which of course would be the East Side 😅

20 hours ago, Benm said:

IMG_20220924_1341397.jpg

On the label it says length  5,244’

3,360 lbs 

Hard to imagine there’s almost a mile of cable sitting there. 

3 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

On the label it says length  5,244’

3,360 lbs 

Hard to imagine there’s almost a mile of cable sitting there. 

This is the communication cable, not the haul rope, but it’s still about 1.25 inch diameter. Not sure how thick the haul rope would be comparatively. The 1599 meter length stamped on the reel translates pretty exactly to the footage, though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

This is the communication cable, not the haul rope, but it’s still about 1.25 inch diameter. Not sure how thick the haul rope would be comparatively. The 1599 meter length stamped on the reel translates pretty exactly to the footage, though

It's not telecom. It's electrical. There was another reel at just slightly more linear ft. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

It's not telecom. It's electrical. There was another reel at just slightly more linear ft. 

It's mislabeled then. PE38 19AWG 25 PR 1/4" should be aerial 25 pair twisted pair cable with 19 Guage conductors and a 1/4 inch integrated steel messenger support cable. Certainly can be used for low voltage, but definitely telecom cable, unless the label is wrong.

Interesting that they are BOTH labeled that.

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It's mislabeled then. PE38 19AWG 25 PR 1/4" should be aerial 25 pair twisted pair cable with 19 Guage conductors and a 1/4 inch integrated steel messenger support cable. Certainly can be used for low voltage, but definitely telecom cable, unless the label is wrong.

Interesting that they are BOTH labeled that.

LOL ,I got as far as "AWG " American Wire Gage  of which I thought there was 18 and 20 no 19 ? No nothing about com stuff . 

5 hours ago, Benm said:

@enjoralas tbh i have no idea what i'm talking about lol. it looked like the thick direct burial electrical wire. i didn't realize telecom could be so fat. 

Honestly, I assumed it was the haul rope, and started doing a bunch of calculations to see if the weight to length ratio makes sense after @AirheadD8's comment. I was figuring the volume of treating 1 foot of rope as a sphere (from Comcast Jeopardy I happen to know that 1/4 inch zinc coated steel wire weighs .121 lb per foot and 3/8 inch weighs .270 lb per foot, lol) and I went to the pic and zoomed to see if it had the diameter on it to compare.

When I saw what it said the 25PR immediately jumped out at me, since that's the standard telephony grouping for twisted pair. The AWG was obvious, and I figured the 1/4 must be a messenger since 25 pair would be larger than 1/4 inch. Then I googled, lol.

But yeah, telecom cable can be several inches in diameter for trunk cables, 500+ pair. Makes a good support for laying your ladder against at the mid-span 😂

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1