New Lift for Blue?

billskis

1 minute ago, Schif said:

https://www.skibluemt.com/winter-sports/skiing-snowboarding/name-our-new-trail/

Why do they still have a page about naming the new trail?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they still have the old trail map which WILL be wrong. at this point, it's anyone's guess if it will have a new lift or the MS/Burma chairs shopped out lmao

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

'designated' hmmmmmm 🤔

I wouldn’t be too worried about this.  When I think of the people who show up at 1 pm on a holiday weekend, This is probably in reference to them just parking in the middle of rows, blocking cars in, creating their own spaces, etc.  hell, one time a person drove their car past the ski patrol shack and got stuck on shuttle 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Benm said:

IS THERE A CHARGE FOR PARKING?
Parking at both the Summit Blue Mountain Resort has free off-street parking at both the Summit Lodge and Valley Lodge. Please be sure to use the designated parking areas only.

'designated' hmmmmmm 🤔

Where is this taken from?

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Where is this taken from?

i searched 'Parking'. it's an FAQ type of post. its littered around the site 

after looking further, there probably isn't anything else to it

Edited by Benm

33 minutes ago, Schif said:

https://www.skibluemt.com/winter-sports/skiing-snowboarding/name-our-new-trail/

Why do they still have a page about naming the new trail?

31 minutes ago, Benm said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they still have the old trail map which WILL be wrong. at this point, it's anyone's guess if it will have a new lift or the MS/Burma chairs shopped out lmao

Don't worry about any of that. . . 

Anyone headed up after work?

image.thumb.png.8c6a895039dcac05e341e79f25c049b6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Don't worry about any of that. . . 

Anyone headed up after work?

image.thumb.png.8c6a895039dcac05e341e79f25c049b6.png

Just when you think this is the year they get it together……..

in all seriousness, what fun would this place be if they did?  
i mean cameltoe could do everything right, but the whole water park in the middle of a ski area will just always be reminiscent of a circus. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i mean cameltoe could do everything right, but the whole water park in the middle of a ski area will just always be reminiscent of a circus. 

Owning or running a Pennsylvania ski resort has got to be super stressful.  Back when I used to purchase my season pass in person, sometimes with a check they were basically just turning on their computers and teaching new staff how to print out season passes and take photos.  We all love the drama but Blue delivers. If they don’t get the new super summit safari six pack open for Root Friday no worries..if it’s a super cold start they can open a route from the challenge six pack but the inversions make me nervous.  With the super summit safari six pack opening is logistically easier. Tuts lane can be tough to get covered during inversions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

It's funny because montage has the water park in the middle of the mountain. but there it's cool.

• Confused 1

Because it's not in your face at montage. Unlike cb where it's everywhere you turn. The layout of montage has a lot to do with it. If you're skiing the North face or even those long cruisers on the east side you don't see it. When you're at the base you don't see it. When you're at the top you don't see it. What I'm saying is montage has a layout that is more conducive to having a water park on it's property. You see it only when you're on one section of the mountain and when you do see it (for example when hopping on that lift close to it) it's covered up nicely... whereas at camelback it's the main attraction it feels like. It's intertwined with most of the skiable acreage towards the bottom and where there aren't water park features there's an f'ing roller coaster...hence the feeling of skiing in an amusement park or a circus as opposed to simply being out on a mountain somewhere. Does that answer your question salty?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Because it's not in your face at montage. Unlike cb where it's everywhere you turn. The layout of montage has a lot to do with it. If you're skiing the North face or even those long cruisers on the east side you don't see it. When you're at the base you don't see it. When you're at the top you don't see it. What I'm saying is montage has a layout that is more conducive to having a water park on it's property. You see it only when you're on one section of the mountain and when you do see it (for example when hopping on that lift close to it) it's covered up nicely... whereas at camelback it's the main attraction it feels like. It's intertwined with most of the skiable acreage towards the bottom and where there aren't water park features there's an f'ing roller coaster...hence the feeling of skiing in an amusement park or a circus as opposed to simply being out on a mountain somewhere. Does that answer your question salty?

Exactly.  The lift at Toe that rides right over all that shit just keeps me thinking im skiing at Sesame place.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1