New Lift for Blue?

billskis

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Owning or running a Pennsylvania ski resort has got to be super stressful.  Back when I used to purchase my season pass in person, sometimes with a check they were basically just turning on their computers and teaching new staff how to print out season passes and take photos.  We all love the drama but Blue delivers. If they don’t get the new super summit safari six pack open for Root Friday no worries..if it’s a super cold start they can open a route from the challenge six pack but the inversions make me nervous.  With the super summit safari six pack opening is logistically easier. Tuts lane can be tough to get covered during inversions. 

This is all accurate.  As far as operations with snowmaking, they hit the mark 97% of the time.  Lift ops, customer service type stuff can be hilarious at times, the shop is on point as well.  Dont forget ski patrol dropping ropes on slopes that are solid ice.  

But to your point, yeah, i mean where else will you ski, with someone skiing on a season pass that doesnt work, but with a hand written note that says "good to go".  If they truly ironed everything out, what fun would that be?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

But to your point, yeah, i mean where else will you ski, with someone skiing on a season pass that doesnt work, but with a hand written note that says "good to go".  If they truly ironed everything out, what fun would that be?

Forgot about that lolololol

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Johnny Law!!!

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Because it's not in your face at montage. Unlike cb where it's everywhere you turn. The layout of montage has a lot to do with it. If you're skiing the North face or even those long cruisers on the east side you don't see it. When you're at the base you don't see it. When you're at the top you don't see it. What I'm saying is montage has a layout that is more conducive to having a water park on it's property. You see it only when you're on one section of the mountain and when you do see it (for example when hopping on that lift close to it) it's covered up nicely... whereas at camelback it's the main attraction it feels like. It's intertwined with most of the skiable acreage towards the bottom and where there aren't water park features there's an f'ing roller coaster...hence the feeling of skiing in an amusement park or a circus as opposed to simply being out on a mountain somewhere. Does that answer your question salty?

So you’re saying Montage should expand their water park to make it more visible.  I think it’s dumb that they have to fill in their lazy river and wave pool with snow.  That’s dumb. 

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Exactly.  The lift at Toe that rides right over all that shit just keeps me thinking im skiing at Sesame place.  

And sesame place is currently in a class action lawsuit because it’s mascots are racist.  Blue settles out of court when it’s lifts drip oil on PASRs and they need their ski parkas professionally dry cleaned. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

We took the dog for a walk there today. 

Summit lodge, to that flat trail past the adventure zone, up widowmaker, down and up to challenge, back down and up to easy out then down Vista. 

Top is looks good except there's nothing there. Seems very close to patrol shack. I don't know about getting to the t-bar line anymore. 

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The supply chain is backed up.  

We should take over this operation, I bet we can have the lift up and running by this weekend. I'll call my people, you call your people. and we'll get a fleet of C-5M Super Galaxy cargo planes to airlift steel beams to Blue Mountain directly from the steel mill in the Siaogang District, Kaohsiung of Southern Taiwan. I'll take care of the logistics, you just run the marketing department and promote the new ski lift. First civilian rider on the new lift wins a lifetime supply of Fun Dip sticks.