New Lift for Blue?

billskis

21 hours ago, Schif said:

44 calendar days until they should open and the terminals aren't even on site. Glad there are a few guys working on that little building though. 

I guess they are building their own control room? LP probably quoted them xxxx.xx for the prefab, prewired one and yyy.yy  to truck it across the country and KSL was like, hell no! This is the Lehigh Valley, we'll have a couple Amish guys raise it and then we can wire it inhouse. 

18 hours ago, rgrwilco said:

I would be inclined to blame the supply chain for this, but everything at blue takes forever.  

most other areas are installing lifts no problem this year. 

I don't disagree with the observation that everything at Blue takes forever, but I'm still leaning supply chain/manufacturer timing more than Blue because there are few lift parts to speak of on site. I think if it were just Blue running behind then there would be an entire lift sitting in the lower lot and there's barely anything there yet. Also, KSL doesn't seem to be behind at all on their other lift, and they're in charge now. 

But everything at Blue DOES take forever. Except ski tunes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where’s the horseshoe area?  That’s nice about shuttle being widened.  And also lower burma should be interesting.  All the Burma folks will now get to go all the way into the valley.  

Yeah, no idea what they mean by horseshoe area. Maybe Frontier Alley, as it forms kind of a horseshoe with Homestretch, and makes sense that the light upgrades would be contiguous?

Either way, it's nice to see new lighting on Paradise. Hopefully they move the LED upgrades across the mountain each year. Those lights on Freefall are awesom.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I don't disagree with the observation that everything at Blue takes forever, but I'm still leaning supply chain/manufacturer timing more than Blue because there are few lift parts to speak of on site. I think if it were just Blue running behind then there would be an entire lift sitting in the lower lot and there's barely anything there yet. Also, KSL doesn't seem to be behind at all on their other lift, and they're in charge now. 

But everything at Blue DOES take forever. Except ski tunes.

i would agree with the "if shit was onsite laying around", then its a concrete curing issue, or manpower issue.  

From a contractors point of view, im still going with they know what they are doing, and understand the timeline, etc.  Basically, im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, i know first hand that everybody behind a keyboard knows how to handle, and complete the project better than any contractor. 

Im not sure how much "supply chain" this can be blamed on.  This project has most likely been going on behind the scenes for a year.  Im getting used to things taking longer than normal, right now i have orders for trucks and trailers that are 6-8 months out.  So, at the minimum, we knew this lift was going in 8-ish months ago, so i guess my point is, if they tore main/burma down without knowing if all their stuff was going to show up on time, then that might be a mistake on their part.  

• Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, Benm said:

Top is looks good except there's nothing there. Seems very close to patrol shack. I don't know about getting to the t-bar line anymore. 

Based on this part of the pic Airhead posted, the t-bar line looks right out, looks like they cut into it completely halfway down. The new lift line looks pretty poachy between Come Around and the bottom of Chute, depending on what's on the ground there, of course

image.thumb.png.4d60b009b9d07b1b61fb6282ed6f4720.png

Edited by enjoralas
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Pumped to open the season on the Vista lift without all of the people who said they won't come if it is just that. 

I don’t think I’ve missed an opening day at Blue since I joined PASR I know in the early days when I had a season pass sometimes opening was on a Friday and I’d start my Blue season on Saturday. I also know what kind of snacks Toast and Enjorales and Root like and I’ll come stocked with a goodie bag. You think I’m gonna watch the opening day  lineup on the webcam with my pecker out like my future brother in law Salty…hell to the no..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think I’ve missed an opening day at Blue since I joined PASR I know in the early days when I had a season pass sometimes opening was on a Friday and I’d start my Blue season on Saturday. I also know what kind of snacks Toast and Enjorales and Root like and I’ll come stocked with a goodie bag. You think I’m gonna watch the opening day  lineup on the webcam with my pecker out like my future brother in law Salty…hell to the no..

Transitioning to getting up at 6 am every weekend is hard. Hopefully Blue starts opening at 11 am instead on Saturdays so I can sleep in.

8 hours ago, Benm said:

i think the horseshoe area is down near the sixer. been trying to figure it out for a while now, long before that post. was always mentioned on the radio.

that and something candycane something

That makes sense. Blue is really leaving a lot of trails on the table.  The last stretch of lazy mile leading to the mixing bowl is a solid two trails just there and the part of lazy we mostly ski to the falls is a solid three sections before you get to crossover.  Top part can be lazy meadows, then next section can be called Curve Ahead or something about Root like Root Beer or Blue Root which runs through Delco. And then after the curve but before crossover could just be called Sunrise since it faces the Rising son.  I’m just getting started here.   I might have to make my own map and laminate it in case it rains or NMSki spills beer on it.