New Lift for Blue?

billskis

6 hours ago, Benm said:

Fuckin lost it here lmao

I had the best day ( night) skiing Coming soon last year. Lapped it 4hrs straight while the guns were running. Perfect wind direction blew the snow straight up the slope , it was perfect mix of bumps with a refresh on every run . Best day there last season! 

What I found amazing was very little goggle stickage. Nothing like some of the fan guns down low, you could be 100yds away and end up a glazed donut. 

• Love 1

The red gun or the yellow gun?

The new sticks were running about 7 or 8 gallons per minute, that fan was probably putting out around 30 GPM because day shift forgot to turn the settings back down. Or, possibly, the gun was broken - the red gun is likely to be replaced soon due to age.

Edited by Larchmont
Unreliable snowmaking equipment
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Larchmont said:

The red gun or the yellow gun?

The new sticks were running about 7 or 8 gallons per minute, that fan was probably putting out around 30 GPM because day shift forgot to turn the settings back down. Or, possibly, the gun was broken - the red gun is likely to be replaced soon due to age.

I’m curious, how much Diesel do they go through in a season?

Is the water pumping system Electric? 
What is capacity GPH ? 
How many CFMs air? 

Lots more questions but I’ll shut up now 🙂

Blue doesn't use diesel snowmaking equipment. They used to have some Hedco gear but it's all long gone now.

Gallons per minute - the new guns max out around 45 GPM, fans are somewhere between ~70 and ~180 GPM depending on capacity and input pressure. The guns like on Paradise or Razors can do over 80 GPM. Blue can move a lot of water, there's almost always more water capacity.

Air - you can work the math yourself, but there are nine 1000+ HP Centacs. If you ask nicely you can probably get the same tour I got and see for yourself - they're loud as hell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, antman12 said:

pushin some dirt.

image.thumb.png.c903404c1790fe997af530ca8219d470.png

8 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

Job trailer also appeared this week.  Have to be getting closer to seeing the lift start to go up right?   Might be more optimistic if the materials were actually there already. 

The dirt around the sheds has never looked smoother. 

20 hours ago, mikes781 said:

Smooth dirt must have been the hold up.  

Never smooth enough. Back at it again, lol. That little dozer is like the cleanup bot in Wall-E that goes around behind them cleaning up the dirty footprints.

21 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

They sure aren't staging parts for long.

Per Facebook they're flying upper mountain towers in by helicopter on Tuesday.

Nice. I think Ben was right and the main tower structures have been in the lot for some time now. Thought there would be head assemblies with sheaves there by now too though.