New Lift for Blue?

billskis

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think they’ll be good to go for Root Friday in 35 days. 

Not to be the Debbie Downer, but i still see a ton of work to be done.  Its one thing to just hang all the pieces up, but another to actually make them all work together.  

23 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Not to be the Debbie Downer, but i still see a ton of work to be done.  Its one thing to just hang all the pieces up, but another to actually make them all work together.  

Agreed. All the steel in the pics are basically giant lego pieces. They could have them together in no time... its everything else thats going to take time. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

21 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Agreed. All the steel in the pics are basically giant lego pieces. They could have them together in no time... its everything else thats going to take time. 

Was thinking about that today. The other new 6-pack in the Poconos has been up for months, and they are still working on it daily.

Still excited to see more than dirt on the webcam tho

• Like 3

5 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I feel like @Benm gonna take the dog for another walk this afternoon and take a pic sitting on one of those wrapped pallets so he can claim bragging rights of the first person to sit on the new chairlift

Shittttttttttttt not a bad idea.

Tbh my sights are north. Gonna get some old forge after a pretty long hiatus. 

17 minutes ago, Benm said:

Shittttttttttttt not a bad idea.

Tbh my sights are north. Gonna get some old forge after a pretty long hiatus. 

I need to road trip up to old forge.  If Ed white is there maybe he’ll give me a tour of the White House.  Dave Portnoy gave all the old forge pizzas like a 6.8. I wonder what he’d give Allentown pizza places.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

On topic, Blue can host weddings and events a little later into the fall out of the summit lodge and skiers and tubers park and ski at the bottom where all the infrastructure is.  Remember before how early season we could only park in the top..bottom for ski shop only…well maybe it will end up being the reverse early season..bottom only for parking at least.  

22 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

The heli flying tomorrow is probably questionable given the predicted low ceilings. 

Lot of fog out there, but also activity around the towers staged in the learning area, so maybe they are going. @Benmneeds to keep us updated on the radio chatter so I know whether to keep checking in. 😉

That's some *old* Arecos replaced. I believe that #1 in the picture and #2 at the Falls/Home Stretch/ Paradise/Razors merge have both been retired. The TT10 is a lot more gun than the Areco, also - it should be able to flow ~150 GPM or more, where the Areco could move maybe 80.

Though the TT10 can also put a lot more snow on the Challenge gates...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

That's some *old* Arecos replaced. I believe that #1 in the picture and #2 at the Falls/Home Stretch/ Paradise/Razors merge have both been retired. The TT10 is a lot more gun than the Areco, also - it should be able to flow ~150 GPM or more, where the Areco could move maybe 80.

Though the TT10 can also put a lot more snow on the Challenge gates...

Did you know Ice Echelon from here when you were on blue mountains snowmaking team?