New Lift for Blue?

billskis

15 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

That shit is hot though it does look strange to my brain, like it's not blue. 

When was the last time they had a lift that at least is theory will be so smooth ? The quad always was a bouncy mofo but I don't remember when the six was new....

The six was a used lift when blue purchased it.  Or preowned. 

18 hours ago, Larchmont said:

Snowmaking temps on the 13th. They've fired up earlier than that before. I wonder if they'll get the haul rope up by then?

And I don't think Camelback is quite done with the Nile Mile automation/HKD upgrade yet. Kind of six to one, half dozen the other.

to me it looks like a tease of snowmaking temps.  hopefully this goes colder.

image.png.83ac27fed56801c34111af522cee65f5.png

image.png.caa0dd1b1d5595fc67c3351931ea8cb6.png

• Like 1

Important question. It's a Saturday morning, 7:40ish am. All trails are open. Are the PASRs headed straight to the circus summit safari supreme lift now as the new start point; or is the six pack still the default for those sweet first tracks on challenge and razors? (assuming both lifts are open of course)

Also widow maker has a new name now? (Curzi's cabin).

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Important question. It's a Saturday morning, 7:40ish am. All trails are open. Are the PASRs headed straight to the circus summit safari supreme lift now as the new start point; or is the six pack still the default for those sweet first tracks on challenge and razors? (assuming both lifts are open of course)

Razor's while it's open...

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

SSSL --> Switchback or SSSL --> Lazy-Crossover-Falls

SSSL is tempting for the chute.

i feel like it's rare to get a run on it where you can be 100% certain you won't crash into someone after coming over the top.

sort of how you can be confident no one is wrecked on falls and can careen over the top on the first run.

also, while one can never be certain about what the grooming situation on it is like (ie. usually not good), the SSSL will give an aerial view, so that is also helpful

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

That lift was installed at Cameltoe.  

I would favor the quad or old 6 first then over to the Summit Safari Super Six Pack Supreme, but honestly, the only run there that i think most would be interested in is Widowmaker, or, if the line is shorter there.   unfortunately Widow maker wont be the most forgotten trail at Blue.  It will be interesting to see how crowds gravitate towards which lift.  

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I would favor the quad or old 6 first then over to the Summit Safari Super Six Pack Supreme, but honestly, the only run there that i think most would be interested in is Widowmaker, or, if the line is shorter there.   unfortunately Widow maker wont be the most forgotten trail at Blue.  It will be interesting to see how crowds gravitate towards which lift.  

i think it'll be a good mixture of both. especially if the S^5 is a faster trip up. there lots of Main St / Switchback runs, so it'd make sense to take the faster trip up. 

tbh i really like a ttb main st run, but only do it maybe a few times a season, so that is pretty exciting

Edited by Benm

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I’ll be starting out on the old six pack so I can hit up challenge first with no people.  

I think the S5 will be a great lift for mid morning because you can likely look straight behind you once you leave the station and get a perfect view of the PASR row to see how many beers are being consumed and if there is any smoke coming off of a grill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll be starting out on the old six pack so I can hit up challenge first with no people.  

Grate idea. Everyone and their brothers will be on the Sufari Six or whatever for the first few weeks until the novelty wears off so I might race you down Challenger.

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

5 hours ago, Benm said:

i think it'll be a good mixture of both. especially if the S^5 is a faster trip up. there lots of Main St / Switchback runs, so it'd make sense to take the faster trip up. 

tbh i really like a ttb main st run, but only do it maybe a few times a season, so that is pretty exciting

I think on busy weekends with all three lifts running the OG six-pack should be the dedicated VIP lift for season passholders.

• Like 2