New Lift for Blue?

billskis

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty they might even bring in some local celebrities for the ribbon cutting. Maybe we’ll even take shots of champagne @ColoradoHigh this is fantastic.   Now time to check the forecast see if they’ll be able to get switchback open for the weekend.  

I checked my magic 8 ball instead. 

5B37FCF8-8093-4018-9D10-76584FD6C8C4.jpeg

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Who wants to get first civilian chair with me?

Six spots will be raffled off for first chair which will be at 10am.  In order to enter for a spot you have to donate $10 to a veterans fund that I believe blue is matching and winners also get a free lift ticket and even season pass holder wins it’s an extra buddy pass.  I might enter Matt Edge and Pops have told me more than $10 worth of stories from when they were in the service.  Edge was in the Navy so I have that in common with him since I was once a semen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

I guess I’ll have to keep my boots on in the lot if I want to ride it.  

I’m hitting Widowmaker from the peak or maybe x-ing..lazy to the falls..maybe the whole lazy mile woo..I almost took vista chair earlier to get a peak of the top terminal.  @saltyant this is getting good.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I might ski X-ing, X-ing again, Connector, X-ing, Curtze's Crusty Cabins and then Connector to Lower Vista

That’s like a song.  I don’t even know if I have to do a roll call thread this week..everybody is gonna be there.  Maybe there’ll even be balloons.  I can bring a scissor from work if they forget the scissor for the ribbon.  Just remind me to remove it from my jacket pocket before I go through TSA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

part of me thinks the raffle is a great idea. 

the other part of me wonders if i'd really want to be on the first chair.

they could've sweetened the deal by adding one of the ultra few remaining lift chairs that were going to sell out quickly to each winner.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Benm said:

the other part of me wonders if i'd really want to be on the first chair.

confidence a little low?  well, yeah, same here.  I can wait.  The only thing a successful ride on that thing is going to gain you is the upper part of Widow maker.  

Dont get me wrong, happy its gonna spin, but its not like it opens up another part of the mountain, or takes you directly to the scrapple shack.  

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

*when they work 

thats why i had "kinda" in there.  

35 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Both 6 pack loading stations are pretty close to each other…might be crowding issues in peak season as there could be a bottleneck at the end of the old terrain run

Yeah like if all three lifts are stopped at once.  I will give Blue props..it’s extremely rare for them to close lifts due to wind while more northern and western resorts it can be an issue.  They have had icing issues before. 

"Fellow Blue Mountain patrons, today we commemorate the opening of this collosal metallic engineering wonder designed across the vast expanse of the Atlantic Ocean and manufactured by the finest Swiss ski lift maker in Europe, so that we humanoid beings can be gloriously ascended upwards over billions of frozen granular atoms along a one thousand foot high pile of dirt in the great Appalachian Mountains". -John Law, probably