New Lift for Blue?

billskis

37 minutes ago, saltyant said:

"Fellow Blue Mountain patrons, today we commemorate the opening of this collosal metallic engineering wonder designed across the vast expanse of the Atlantic Ocean and manufactured by the finest Swiss ski lift maker in Europe, so that we humanoid beings can be gloriously ascended upwards over billions of frozen granular atoms along a one thousand foot high pile of dirt in the great Appalachian Mountains". -John Law, probably 

I believe blue mountain is mostly rock…

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Ohh that's cool. It provides a whole new perspective on what's going on below and less opportunity for people to throw trash under the lift because most of it is over actual skiable terrain.

People will throw trash anywhere especially when it’s dark out.  I wonder if they have a big can to place under the new super summit safari six pack near the top. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People will throw trash anywhere especially when it’s dark out.  I wonder if they have a big can to place under the new super summit safari six pack near the top. 

There was trash at Hunter yesterday, I can't believe there's trash in New York too!

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah it’s rad!!! 

I don't think I'll sleep at all tonight because I'm so excited to ride the new 6 Pack Safari!  I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. Only 52,860 seconds until opening remarks and 53,760 seconds until the chopping of the pink ribbon! I think I'll be completely drunk on Yoo-Hoos by that time and will be yelling "Speech, speech, speech, speech". This is fantastic. The last time I was this excited was never.

Edited by saltyant

5 hours ago, billskis said:

20230114_102352.thumb.jpg.a83f42aa15df86b4157e00f32494ed80.jpg20230114_121155.thumb.jpg.1e668194475f084b311f8e982486d24e.jpgLift not running when we left at noon..  I saw there was POMA guy at top keeping bar from klunkimg your head.  Anyone know why it stopped?  Nice to see they were still blowing snow - hope the can get coming soon and nightmare open for Monday.  

Probably because the auto-Safety bar was whacking everyone in the head in the base and top stations.  Looks like they were adjusting the chairs during noon stoppage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The new lift at Blue and Blue mountains growth sort of reminds me of Sim City or Roller coaster tycoon or ski area tycoon.  It’s truly an ecosystem within an ecosystem complete with armed guards and steezy 80s music.  The Billy Ocean song blasting was as old as the burma chairlift.  The fries are Salty and Salty gets pushed out of the way by the media lol.  

83075A95-0E85-4FAF-A84C-74A7F31E3357.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The new lift at Blue and Blue mountains growth sort of reminds me of Sim City or Roller coaster tycoon or ski area tycoon.  It’s truly an ecosystem within an ecosystem complete with armed guards and steezy 80s music.  The Billy Ocean song blasting was as old as the burma chairlift.  The fries are Salty and Salty gets pushed out of the camara by the media lol.  

I used to play both those games. It's so rad. Today in the upper lodge I read a historical poster on Little Gap and that Ray Tuts dude or whoever renamed the resort to Blue Mountain because using "little" in the name is really bad for marketing, considering Blue was at the time way bigger than other resorts.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The new lift at Blue and Blue mountains growth sort of reminds me of Sim City or Roller coaster tycoon or ski area tycoon.  It’s truly an ecosystem within an ecosystem complete with armed guards and steezy 80s music.  The Billy Ocean song blasting was as old as the burma chairlift.  The fries are Salty and Salty gets pushed out of the way by the media lol.  

It’s fun looking at satellite pics of blue through the years on historic aerials.  Weird seeing no valley lodge 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

It’s fun looking at satellite pics of blue through the years on historic aerials.  Weird seeing no valley lodge 

For the 1992-93 ski season, they extended the challenge double from the current end of falls/end of shuttle to the current valley location.  The first few years of valley skiing being homestretch and lower sidewinder(that was the name of the former terrain runs) hero’s there was no valley lodge or parking.  Around 1996 or so parking in the valley was allowed for season pass holders and there were a couple of port oh potty’s by the base of the Quad.  Now the base is a beautiful village with one of the best lodges in ski country and an outdoor village of food trucks as well.  Amazing. 

18 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

For the 1992-93 ski season, they extended the challenge double from the current end of falls/end of shuttle to the current valley location.  The first few years of valley skiing being homestretch and lower sidewinder(that was the name of the former terrain runs) hero’s there was no valley lodge or parking.  Around 1996 or so parking in the valley was allowed for season pass holders and there were a couple of port oh potty’s by the base of the Quad.  Now the base is a beautiful village with one of the best lodges in ski country and an outdoor village of food trucks as well.  Amazing. 

I miss the carny trucks with fried oreos. The og valley lodge I remember being way different than now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I miss the carny trucks with fried oreos. The og valley lodge I remember being way different than now. 

we did Friday night ski club there for years. The food was done by an outside vendor and a  really nice family, great fresh cut fries and they even baked a cake  for one of the kids birthdays one year...

• Like 2