Jump to content

New Lift for Blue?


billskis
 Share

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Benm said:

interesting to see the chairs off of the learning hill lift. i wonder if it's general maintenance or something else. sort of weird how they're missing on both sides.

I had a thought during my playing around with the lines when the one line had the lift going right down the learning hill, that maybe the original release was right and they would remove that lift, compress the learning hills into one wide slope and move the carpets to the other side and go carpet only. But that seems ridiculous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I had a thought during my playing around with the lines when the one line had the lift going right down the learning hill, that maybe the original release was right and they would remove that lift, compress the learning hills into one wide slope and move the carpets to the other side and go carpet only. But that seems ridiculous. 

if you mean the first post in this thread, it sounds like they're referring to the vista chair (tho i could see confusing the two since it was whisper down the lane). i feel like they could prob resell the learning lift pretty easily tho if they were to remove it. i agree that it'd be very cramped in that area with both, but it seems doable.

if they do remove it, i'll be very glad that i got to ride it... once. 

regardless, i wish they'd just tell people wtf was going on so i could focus attention elsewhere.

Edited by Benm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

if you mean the first post in this thread, it sounds like they're referring to the vista chair (tho i could see confusing the two since it was whisper down the lane). i feel like they could prob resell the learning lift pretty easily tho if they were to remove it. i agree that it'd be very cramped in that area with both, but it seems doable.

if they do remove it, i'll be very glad that i got to ride it... once. 

regardless, i wish they'd just tell people wtf was going on so i could focus attention elsewhere.

I’ve never had a ride up the valley school lift but I have been up all three magic carpets.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Benm said:

regardless, i wish they'd just tell people wtf was going on so i could focus attention elsewhere.

Half the fun is wondering what they are trying to do up there. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve never had a ride up the valley school lift but I have been up all three magic carpets.  

I’ve done it when the Quad went down and the line for the 6 was Fubar . 
Got off the school hill and hoofed it up to the Main Street chairs. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benm said:

if you mean the first post in this thread, it sounds like they're referring to the vista chair (tho i could see confusing the two since it was whisper down the lane). i feel like they could prob resell the learning lift pretty easily tho if they were to remove it. i agree that it'd be very cramped in that area with both, but it seems doable.

if they do remove it, i'll be very glad that i got to ride it... once. 

regardless, i wish they'd just tell people wtf was going on so i could focus attention elsewhere.

Yeah, the description in that post *definitely* describes the Vista lift to a tee, but I figured with the word Valley maybe that was the part the lane-whisperer got right, lol. I still tend to think that neither is going to be removed, but you never know.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve never had a ride up the valley school lift but I have been up all three magic carpets.  

The upper carpet seems like the second hardest lift at Blue to get a ride on. It's almost never running. 

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Half the fun is wondering what they are trying to do up there. 

Agreed, the speculation is very entertaining to me

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Has blue sold all their chairs yet?

 

lovelabd is selling their chairs for $650

https://skiloveland.com/liftlottery/

I feel that we will see lift chairs spread throughout the mountain as benches.  I think they will have a few left over.  

Unless of course, like i mentioned earlier, that possibly they did sell some of them off to some other resort, and really did have a "limited quantity" to sell off.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are a shitload of chairs judging by toast's screenshot, lack of activity on radio about pick-up and the YouTube cap.

Unless they are going somewhere else, I expect some sort of lottery or promotion - still at an excessive price, but less than (lmao) 1200. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Benm said:

There are a shitload of chairs judging by toast's screenshot, lack of activity on radio about pick-up and the YouTube cap.

Unless they are going somewhere else, I expect some sort of lottery or promotion - still at an excessive price, but less than (lmao) 1200. 

 

I don't know how they can do a promotion and sell these things for less than the initial price without huge backlash or at the very least a good drubbing online. I think they will just have them for sale all summer long until they absolutely have to scrap them at some point. All in the name of not leaving money on the table. 

I think the move should have been to sell chairs but include something along with it from the start. 

Buy a chair get free parking all next year; buy a chair get a $100 gift card for the restaurant; buy a chair get $X off of a season pass. Literally anything but "Haul away our trash but leave us over a grand on your way out". 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Schif said:

less than the initial price without huge backlash

1200 secured a chair. 

Lottery at a much lower price means you 'may or may not' get one. They Dgaf about what ppl say online.

Nice dig with the free parking lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Schif said:

I don't know how they can do a promotion and sell these things for less than the initial price without huge backlash or at the very least a good drubbing online. I think they will just have them for sale all summer long until they absolutely have to scrap them at some point. All in the name of not leaving money on the table. 

I think the move should have been to sell chairs but include something along with it from the start. 

Buy a chair get free parking all next year; buy a chair get a $100 gift card for the restaurant; buy a chair get $X off of a season pass. Literally anything but "Haul away our trash but leave us over a grand on your way out". 

At stores, certain items go on sale if they aren’t selling many of a particular item...why would it be any different for Blue selling chairs.  If they only sell a few at $1200, then they should have some sort of half price sale.  If the prices the chairs at like $400-500 each they’d probably sell them all in a week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Same but the day I did this back in 2015, the valley triple wasn’t running. Airhead did you ever buy a season pass?

Unfortunately not. Customers are paid up but working though some family stuff. Hopefully I won’t be one of the paupers parking out on Blue Mountain drive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, rgrwilco said:

Blue is really committed to not tearing down that metal power line structure thingy.

Maybe it comes down today? They yanked the towers out and are breaking them down on cam now, so maybe while they have the metal 🛠 out it would be a good time to do it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...