2/13/22 - Powda Chowda

toast21602

59 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Widowmaker was good...titties deep!!! I love the frantic energy of a pow day.  

I ran Widowmaker 3 times in a row after my first run down Switchback. It was grate!! So much Perder.

Too bad about the dumb Vista lift fence. I didn't have enough momentum coming off Widowmaker to make it around the Vista lift shack due to having to slow down for the intersecting trails, so instead I found a gap in their dumb fence. Even though there was literally no one in line, and even though I skied into the queue area at a very slow speed, the lift attendant boss came out and said "yOu HaVe tO gO aRoUnD nExT tImE".

20220213_081738(0).thumb.jpg.7e021eb7a64bbb7bee63e9c99495a521.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I initially woke up at like 4am and the ground was covered with snow and at 620am when I went outside to clear my car off, there was a solid 5” of medium density snow.  The drive up was easy except for a few slick spots on the downhill from the upper entrance to the valley which claimed one person who went head on into the opposite side guardrail.

The temperature was in the upper 20s under cloudy sky’s with a few lingering flakes.  I managed second civilian chair with our fearless leader Atomic Jeff on the first chair...first run on challenge which was a little shallower than expected but still fresh just not much float until the lower part.  Razors was much deeper and we lucked out that it was still open for run number 2. It was especially good along the right hand side.  Next run was X-ing which was amazing to Main Street which was mostly skied out and a little rowdy on the lower part.  

Me and JFDan took the Main Street chair up to Widowmaker and thankfully Salty saved us some perder..the entire right side was titties deep if you have really saggy tits.  I skied Chute which was chowder back down to the quad and ran into Falco and Charles who told me about how enjorales cousin double ejected off one of the root rollers on razors edge. Chiggity check yourself before you wreck yourself..he’s ok just sore.  

Coming soon had already been pretty skied off but was still fun then up the quad again and back to X-ing to milk the last of the freshies and then up the Main Street chair to Widowmaker which was mostly tracked out but a few untracked spots next to the gates down midway to lower Main then up the six pack and a couple laps on nightmare to Dream Weaver to end the session.  

The parking lot was fun, Charles dad Spider was in charge as he had a big pot of Chili that fed at least 15 people along with chips and guacamole.  I had a few beers then went into work to shovel and salt the paths before it freezes up tonight and do some work so I can sleep in tomorrow and go skiing Tuesday AM...all in all a good day and now I’m ready a nap.  Although I’m not gonna watch the Soup Bowl, I’m gonna root for the Bengals because I like the manic Monday song.  JADIP

2650A147-51D5-4494-BF67-86E593D8E1F5.jpeg

• Like 5

Great day today!  Sneaky snowy superbowl sunday with an over performing storm. This rarely happens for us. Looks like the LV was pretty close to being the jackpot zone. 
lots of good turns today, some baller chili in the lot with more talk of the super summit safari 6 pack. 

• Like 7

Resurrection of the best kind, I think this is rando storm 3 ? Regardless it was absolutely perfect timing to avoid a luge track.

Snow underneath was not great and it got crowded fast but who cares TCS, switch, NMDW where all excellent un/low tracks. 

Charles's dad chili, snow, super bowl all lead to a super good level of energy in the air. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

My blind ass never saw her, toast told me afterwards but had I known we could have really slutted it up. She was right in the corner turn on side but I had no idea

Pops and I spotted her from the lift. She was around the hard corner, actually off the snow. I was momentarily confused by someone off the trail but with the skis very orderly sorted a few feet away, until I saw the camera