Lange Boot Flex Adjustment Screws

Dirtwolf

• Dirtwolf changed the title to Lange Boot Flex Adjustment Screws
17 hours ago, Dirtwolf said:

Would anyone happen to have an old pair of Lange RS or RX boots that still have the Flex Adjustment screws (on back of cuff) and backings?  Somehow I managed to loose three in total. 

boots.jpg

Another avenue you could try that's worked for me in the past is to call/e-mail Lange, they may just send you some gratis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

@Dirtwolf I don't have any "spares" but are these the right ones?  These are my backup to my backup boots, so it's probably time to put them to rest.  If they're the right ones, they're yours.

IMG_6121.jpeg

Those look right!  If you're willing to part with them (screw and inside bit) I'd be happy to have them. Many Thanks!

Lesson learned here is to give those things a tighten every once in a while.

21 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Those look right!  If you're willing to part with them (screw and inside bit) I'd be happy to have them. Many Thanks!

Lesson learned here is to give those things a tighten every once in a while.

I've lost those, and other bits in the past.  I give all screws a tighten once or twice a year on my Langes.   I'll bring them tonight?

In an attempt to educate myself here, when would or when do you guys adjust those flex screws? It seems to me that you would likely just set it and leave it that way unless the screws loosen themselves. Do you ever tighten or loosen them on purpose to change the flex in the boot for certain things? 

Found this online yesterday when looking to see if there were any options to buy these screws.  It's been an interesting and noticeable experience having one boot with none installed and the other with only 1.  If the percentage reductions are true in the link below I've been riding on a left boot with 105 flex and right boot with a laughable 96 flex.

LANGE - How to ajust the skiboot FLEX - FAQ | Lange - (lange-boots.com)

2 hours ago, Schif said:

In an attempt to educate myself here, when would or when do you guys adjust those flex screws? It seems to me that you would likely just set it and leave it that way unless the screws loosen themselves. Do you ever tighten or loosen them on purpose to change the flex in the boot for certain things? 

You should never take them out.  They should always be tight.

• Like 1

You should never take them out.  They should always be tight.

Taking them out is fine, but if they’re in, they should be snug with blue loc-tite put on the threads first so they don’t rattle themselves loose. Same goes for cuff alignment bolts. Ask me how I know…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So why even put them in then? Or if they are necessary why not put them behind plastic or something so people don't mess with them? 

They are completely fine to take out on Lange RX boots. Each bolt contributes to approximately a 10 on their flex rating, e.g. remove one bolt on a RX130 and your down to 120, etc. people remove them for various reasons, and contrary to [mention=2]atomicskier[/mention]’s comment, you can in fact remove them with little downside, if softening the flex of the boot is your goal. This may not apply to any other boot on the market, I dunno, but I’ve been in langes almost exclusively for 20 years, so I can vouch for what happens in their boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk