2/21/22..Presidents’ Day...amazing

GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, Schif said:

I completely understand that skis are the better way to get around but a snowboard is unequivocally more fun when going downhill. 

You’re also a real good snowboarder and mediocre skier which probably plays into it.  The same can be said for mixiliplix.  

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yes, still ski and don’t really plan on going back to snowboarding. 

When I was a kid I skate boarded and rollerbladed. I’d like to get on a longboard this summer.  Back when I lived in Montana I cruised around on my roommates longboard a lot and really enjoyed it. For turns I was super good and precise on toe side turns and heel side turns were tough.  

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I was a kid I skate boarded and rollerbladed. I’d like to get on a longboard this summer.  Back when I lived in Montana I cruised around on my roommates longboard a lot and really enjoyed it. For turns I was super good and precise on toe side turns and heel side turns were tough.  

Longboards are great in the summer time. 

• Thanks 1

One isn't better than the other they are different tools. It's like knives you can peel an apple with a butchers knife but it's dumb and stupid. Your just making certain things easier or harder. 

Skis up and across a mtn are easier as is pow or spins on a board. Shitty skiers will still be slower on traverses than a good boarder and the reverse.

The key factor is the craftsman not the tool 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Okay, cool debate about boards and skis... but lets talk about the superior Big Foot option. 

Small and versatile. Lightweight. Can walk across parking lots easier than in skis or a board. Ergonomic and anatomically correct shape with wide forefoot for added stability. Easily adjustable bindings. Go great downhill, can walk flats, and hike up without taking them off. Can fit in carry-on for ski trips. Rad fluorescent colors. 

IMG_3809.thumb.JPG.82b152b58a188a886490812f78c9d763.JPGIMG_3803.thumb.jpeg.4e07fce7059e85b11b293bb3e7aa9cbe.jpeg

Could ski right onto the gondola at Stowe in those!!

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Okay, cool debate about boards and skis... but lets talk about the superior Big Foot option. 

Small and versatile. Lightweight. Can walk across parking lots easier than in skis or a board. Ergonomic and anatomically correct shape with wide forefoot for added stability. Easily adjustable bindings. Go great downhill, can walk flats, and hike up without taking them off. Can fit in carry-on for ski trips. Rad fluorescent colors. 

False. Those bindings are not easy to adjust at all. You have to remove the decking screws used to attach the bindings to the foot, move the bails, then hope you get them back in the old holes correctly so they don't strip out. Requires at least two beers before such a complicated procedure can be attempted in the parking lot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you ski before you became a boarder?  For big mountains, a snowboard is an inferior means of transportation.  

Skied once a year on bunny hills growing up. Started boarding early 30’s because my son thought it would be fun if we both learned how together. 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, synack said:

I have boarded for a long time but decided to try a ski lesson with my wife yesterday at Blue.  It was awesome, however while I was practicing on the beginner hill I had a raccoon run at me then pass directly in front of me just as I was getting up from a fall.  It then ran towards a mom and her daughter who i yelled to and I think the mother hit it with her pole and it took off under the lift loading area.  My wife was already back at the lodge outside having a drink.   When I texted her to tell her about it she told me I was full of shit.....then the raccoon showed up there, drank a left over drink and ran inside.   It was pretty wild.  Did anyone else encounter rocky raccoon?

I’m just in shock it wasn’t a troll post

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 8:40 PM, mute1080 said:

I’m just in shock it wasn’t a troll post

Nope, not a troll post.  It was real. If you look down on the twitter feed there is also a video of the Raccoon drinking at the lodge (that my wife took)

• Like 1