2/23/22...warm...variable

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. The temperature was in the low 50s under cloudy skies with some fog and some rain.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law and Bethlehem ford guy. Razors and challenge looked brick..first run on Sidewinder wasn’t that good the solid base snow and not that smooth. Paradise was very nice, fast and smooth and I even skied lazy mile for the first time in well over a month and the snow was alright but that run is just too slow of a run to be fun for me.  

After atomic jeff left, me and JLaw went over to Main Street and were pleasantly surprised how nice it was..nice hero snow...cocaine white..fast and smooth.  I skied that three times then peaced out.  The quad was running and not many people out this morning. I might not be out again until the weekend.  Tomorrow with the fast cooldown could be very bad and freezing rain Friday morning.  JADIP. 

A3F2EED8-71D2-4154-A0CF-447EA57D2378.jpeg

454581E2-AFD2-4CED-A5CB-7F0D1BEF19B3.jpeg

28C6E00A-AA16-407F-98F2-92BBDF67E83E.jpeg

75695504-A425-4A3C-BDAE-409738251759.jpeg

• Like 6

Shit was good bad or bad good I'm not certain on the lingo but paradise and particularly main where good to very good. Both Steeze and I were very surprised at how soft main was but it was super nice to be able to put the hammer down. 

Challenge and Razors are probably good now that it's 65 degrees but first thing they were a hard no.  

The fog was actually kinda dope as it was mostly down low so it didn't interfere with skiing but everything still looks cool.  I love when's it's gorillas in the mist and peeps just disappear into nothing.  

• Like 3

I missed this thread today and calling a RAW sesh. My bad. On the snow at 430 and skied til 645. Had the spring coat and gloves on for a comfortable evening with the kid doing a lesson. Beer in the lot hoping @mbike-skiand @Dirtwolfstopped by they were getting after it. Good for them. Hope they had as grate of a session as we had!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

I missed this thread today and calling a RAW sesh. My bad. On the snow at 430 and skied til 645. Had the spring coat and gloves on for a comfortable evening with the kid doing a lesson. Beer in the lot hoping @mbike-skiand @Dirtwolfstopped by they were getting after it. Good for them. Hope they had as grate of a session as we had!

Did you have a favorite run earlier?  Did you remember your ski pants or were you skiing in your jock strap?

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you have a favorite run earlier?  Did you remember your ski pants or were you skiing in your jock strap?

Skiing with the kid so limited terrain. All had the same soft snow so all good. Yes, did remember my pants but the tape on my D vent fell off. Time to upgrade from Duct to Gorilla tape.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Skiing with the kid so limited terrain. All had the same soft snow so all good. Yes, did remember my pants but the tape on my D vent fell off. Time to upgrade from Duct to Gorilla tape.

Did you see about the guy in the Olympics who’s dick froze?  The holderness family touched on it. 

2:00 in

Arrived around 5:30ish then had to retrieve my skis out of the shop.  First two runs for me tonight were on TCS and got into skiers left ditch.  Some soft snow mixed with some harder spots.  No surprise that there are getting to be some serious brown spots in there.  Even with the all the brown town, those two runs were for sure a 10/10 on the fun scale.

After TCS runs I ran into the dude and rode with him.  Had a few good runs on Barney’s with nice soft bumps followed by a fun single bump line down skiers right lower main.  Also of note was one particularly fun run down raceway midway lower main with absolutely empty trails and hero snow the whole way.  Challenge, switch, and side were also all excellent.

Came out to an awesome gift from the beer fairy to top off probably night of the year for me.  Cracked it open hung for a few with @mbike-ski then skidaddled. 

D7D55D46-3949-4B5B-8CD0-C7AFE0A87F3A.jpeg

7D88C267-6426-4335-A8F6-C34EA2B0EFF0.jpeg

8EEEC955-8B94-4E12-903A-699C826C99FD.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Nice night for sure, hit Barneys a bunch and TCS had some nice orphan bump clusters that were fun. The ditch wasn’t too bad as well. A little faster than I would have expected but maybe do to the wind?
Up top things are starting to get solid. Second last run lifty put the sled hook on the chair in front of me up top. When I got back on the base lifty took it off the chair behind me. Nice they have a clock up top in the lifty shed I was averaging 10 minute runs on TCS side. 

Edited by AirheadD8
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Nice night for sure, hit Barneys a bunch and TCS had some nice orphan bump clusters that were fun. The ditch wasn’t too bad as well. A little faster than I would have expected but maybe do to the wind?
Up top things are starting to get solid. Second last run lifty put the sled hook on the chair in front of me up top. When I got back on the base lifty took it off the chair behind me. Nice they have a clock up top in the lifty shed I was averaging 10 minute runs on TCS side. 

I miss the days of 8 runs an hour when they ran the quad at full speed and there were no gates to go through but six runs an hour is solid.  The best I can manage these days is a slippery seven 

• Like 1