montage 2 26 22

abe

I don't know if the snow flurries helped at all but the blacks are not icy at all.  White lightning is primo 👌

Unfortunately no bumps anywhere I guess they had to groom away all the ice from this week.

Not crowded at all & long haul just opened20220226_102658.thumb.jpg.c7fb0fde37966b282ed1c9e27eb44855.jpg

• Like 3

I dipped at 12:30 it was starting to get crowded and I have places to be.

The snow is really softening up nice though.

Beautiful day to drive down the northeast extension, sunny and there is rime ice on the trees and snow on the ground the whole way through the poconos

• Like 1

Not very good conditions here today. Hard pack and icy in parts. A bit more of a carve-able surface on the double blacks. Hope it softens up after lunch as above freezing. But quite cloudy so who knows. Not really worth the drive so far today.

Getting lunch at Slocum Hollow now.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not very good conditions here today. Hard pack and icy in parts. A bit more of a carve-able surface on the double blacks. Hope it softens up after lunch as above freezing. But quite cloudy so who knows. Not really worth the drive so far today.

Getting lunch at Slocum Hollow now.

What did you have for lunch?  Blue blew snow on almost all the runs and did a great job grooming and was just semi crowded.  Also you’re a bit of a fagtard for saying it’s not worth the drive considering that didn’t have to buy a lift ticket. If you didn’t go skiing today what would you be doing??? Let me guess rubbing your fat girlfriends floppy titties. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah SnowForecast.com is saying 9-13" Sat and 5-9" Sunday. Not sure I buy they will get all that, but will be there Sunday, roads permitting. Maybe drive up Sat eve - have refundable room booked. Fortunately Montage is pretty close to an Interstate. Only Camelback and Frost have as easy highway access in PA.

• Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah SnowForecast.com is saying 9-13" Sat and 5-9" Sunday. Not sure I buy they will get all that, but will be there Sunday, roads permitting. Maybe drive up Sat eve - have refundable room booked. Fortunately Montage is pretty close to an Interstate. Only Camelback and Frost have as easy highway access in PA.

thanks for the good laugh with that site.  Boy they are really shooting for the moon.  I am really wondering where they get their data from.  

Elk = 29".  lol.  Not that i dont want it to snow, but i do think this will be a repeat of yesterdays snow.  Wet, heavy, good for base snow.  

Not great conditions at Montage today. Most of yesterday's snow either blew or scraped off or froze up. Some ski instructors who had just come down WL told me that conditions on it were hazardous enough with frozen ice and scraped off ruts between them that they felt the trail should be closed, so we are gonna leave that one be today. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not great conditions at Montage today. Most of yesterday's snow either blew or scraped off or froze up. Some ski instructors who had just come down WL told me that conditions on it were hazardous enough with frozen ice and scraped off ruts between them that they felt the trail should be closed, so we are gonna leave that one be today. 

That sucks..Blue was pretty good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1