Blue 3/10/22

toast21602

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

2 different people on the lift said blue is closing for the season on the 20th.  I don’t want to believe it but two random people saying the same thing can’t be wrong 

I just heard the same... But they said cold weather next week could change it. So it's tentative

2 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Great day for sure, my vehicle lost a spark plug on the way to my 11am appointment . 
Waited 2.5 hours for a tow truck. Gremlins won today. Still glad I managed to get out there. Morning was 10/10 .

CF76A801-2A14-47DC-B3EF-F60BFBA98007.jpeg

That’s a long time for a tow truck. When my car wouldn’t start last season at blue, I called a tow truck company in lehighton and they were there in a half hour.  

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s a long time for a tow truck. When my car wouldn’t start last season at blue, I called a tow truck company in lehighton and they were there in a half hour.  

They've been good in the past for me . The driver that showed up was complaining that sine the local office closed ,calls were being routed through Pittsburgh or LA . He said they were giving calls to other companies that were supposed to go to them as it was " their area "   . The excuse I was given was the call was given to two other companies who dropped it ?  He said AAA left an out of state woman who was stuck on 78 by summit lawn sit from 4am to 8am this morning  , I feel lucky?  Turns out the spark plug unscrewed and they put a new one in ,supposedly the threads were ok. 

Edited by AirheadD8

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you go thru a roadside assistance program or just call a tow company directly?  It seems they take their sweet time coming when dealing with a road side assistance program 

18 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Did you go thru a roadside assistance program or just call a tow company directly?  It seems they take their sweet time coming when dealing with a road side assistance program 

I’d never do a roadside assistance program. I use a tow truck an average of like 2-3 times a decade so not worth it. 

First few runs after dark last night were very nice.  Hiked up to Coming Soon and it was SWEET with barely any tracks after Quad closed in the morning.  After that things started to firm up a bit but not nearly as bad as Tuesday night.  Spent most of the rest of the night in the bumps which were very fun.

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’d never do a roadside assistance program. I use a tow truck an average of like 2-3 times a decade so not worth it. 

It’s included in most insurance policies at no extra cost 

53 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What does a tow truck cost out of pocket if you don't mind me asking? 

9 minutes ago, Schif said:

What does a tow truck cost out of pocket if you don't mind me asking? 

Kinda depends where you are and how far you wanna go.  My '55 hasnt had the best track record, it was towed twice last year.  first time about 7 miles from my house, that was $100, and then the second time i probably had to get towed about 20 miles and it was $2XX.  So i got AAA for $100 a year.  

The tow companies that are contracted to tow on 76,276,476 have to take AAA, so basically for me it makes sense.  they tow 100 miles for free.  

• Like 2