3/12/22...snowing..windy

This morning at Blue was wet, cold, windy, empty and snowy. It was a slow slippery Saturday.  I mostly skied challenge which was windblown at the top and smooth in the middle.  Salty was in the house which was radical. Also Nancy and Bunski and Boobear and benm, nastar Glenn and many others. Coming soon is now groomed. I’m guessing maybe 3+ inches fell so was definitely dick deep. PASRs are really good at drawing weiners on cars but they always forget the hair which is lame. That’s it for now. Going into work and eating panera then gonna dry all my way stuff out for tomorrow which will be a lot faster. 

8DE5D92C-1387-4FAD-B4A5-3EBCAE7FEC91.jpeg

536C898A-38D8-4316-81AB-967C473FE365.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

I was under the impression the poconos was getting dumped on right now, disappointing as I was hoping to live vicariously thru PASRs today 

The picture was from when I arrived.  There’s a solid 3-4” just wasn’t what I’d consider a powder day due to the wetness of the snow and wind. 

• Like 2

Definitely a bit windy, but it is hard not to enjoy snow even if it is wet! Gotta love seeing snow in the trees again. Mid-March storms aren't going to give you the blower powwow that we all love, but they can still deliver some nice conditions. One last wintry weekend at Blue! Truly enjoyable. 

IMG_7242.thumb.jpeg.b8775dcb6586f6414b19ead78a3ac35b.jpeg

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I was under the impression the poconos was getting dumped on right now, disappointing as I was hoping to live vicariously thru PASRs today 

I'd say a good 5 inches here but the wind is howling.... Blowing it all into the woods so I may not even need to run the snowblower!

Today was le tits if you love winter and dog shit weather. The first run I took down challenge was the strongest gust of wind I've ever felt at blue, it pushed BenM and I backwards for a solid two seconds. It was so awesome I did it like 4 times in a row, it never got that strong again but shit is howling up top. 

It was so good to have at least one last day of winter, with snow pasted on your goggles and the wind stinging your face it feels alot more like a legit hill. 

Snow was just ok pow but that's kinda besides the point, it dropped like 10 degrees in an hour and was 44% water. There was untracked around and it was suitably smooth what more do you need for a good day but I do think it will groom out better. I hope so because I need some wax, it was like I had the drag chute out.

Major props to GSS for the soft pretzel and Mute for killer beer, all that skating I needed orange slices and juice box. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Benm said:

conditions unremarkable

snow was good for parking lot aesthetics, not much else

that wind, wow

Allentown 18 gusting to 39 wow  Mount Pocono 29g 48 Probably closer to what Blue sees up top.Must be fun coming West from the quad or six .
Quad running? 
Tomorrow and Monday morning should be pretty sweet. 

3D4DA46D-9090-40A3-9CFA-49A43E9190F0.png

Edited by AirheadD8

Just now, AirheadD8 said:

18 gusting to 39 wow .Must be fun coming West from the quad or six .
Quad running? 
Tomorrow and Monday morning should be pretty sweet. 

quad was running, did one trip up for coming soon, nothing special but groomed.

had to be close to 45-50 sustained at the top of challenge  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Our last run down Challenge was crazy.  I don't know if I've felt wind that strong at the top.  It was quite the workout even getting there.

Stayed til about 12:30, the wind blew off all the perder on the top of Challenge so it was entirely icy boilerplate. Some gapers were afraid of it and turned back. Sick!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Conditions were pretty much as predicted, it was pretty nice that it quit raining and started snowing as we were booting up. Where the new snow stuck, it was pretty nice, but crazy slow. Wind was pretty interesting. Parking lot always good. Another super delicious sour from beer fairy #2. 
thought for about 2 mins about going to BB, but it is blowing like crazy here. 
of course im in the mood for a pizza, but im betting my #1 spot is closed because of the snow. 

• Like 2

I drove from Philly. The turnpike was reminiscent of Whistler … foggy and a mix of rain/snow. 

I passed the BMDI and as I started going up, a little car like a sonic decided to go in reverse down the hill … so that was fun.

8189082B-22B2-4475-AF6A-D628C44D05CC.thumb.jpeg.8f4948b19e1b7351c0dd4ae0217b29ab.jpeg

near the AT lots, there were 2 caravans that looked like they got into a fender.

a bunch of wahoooooos out there with bald tires and tiny cars.

eventually showed up around 9:15 and the gang entertained Wally as I got ready. 
A4DB7F9A-70F8-42CC-98D0-E236E0CE10A4.thumb.jpeg.3f445dfc4a5f9ceb736e874632da120a.jpeg

5FD33A37-FE3A-4818-A06F-5883E48F8C8D.thumb.jpeg.b4da5e6c57e06803b8af17462c7f8921.jpeg

“free refills” - salty said

“Head wall is spicy but the rest of Challenge is great” - Atomic said

so at 10’ish, i got off the 6-pack lift and it felt like I had skins on the bottom of my skis coupled with a crazy strong headwind.

For all of those who missed the joy of skiing today, this is what it looked like at Challenge.

Any new snow was being blown around on top of ice . There were piles of delightttful snow on sidewinder (if you avoided the ice). But overall it was super slow snow.

JADIP?

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I drove from Philly. The turnpike was reminiscent of Whistler … foggy and a mix of rain/snow. 

I passed the BMDI and as I started going up, a little car like a sonic decided to go in reverse down the hill … so that was fun.

8189082B-22B2-4475-AF6A-D628C44D05CC.thumb.jpeg.8f4948b19e1b7351c0dd4ae0217b29ab.jpeg

near the AT lots, there were 2 caravans that looked like they got into a fender.

a bunch of wahoooooos out there with bald tires and tiny cars.

eventually showed up around 9:15 and the gang entertained Wally as I got ready. 
A4DB7F9A-70F8-42CC-98D0-E236E0CE10A4.thumb.jpeg.3f445dfc4a5f9ceb736e874632da120a.jpeg

5FD33A37-FE3A-4818-A06F-5883E48F8C8D.thumb.jpeg.b4da5e6c57e06803b8af17462c7f8921.jpeg

“free refills” - salty said

“Head wall is spicy but the rest of Challenge is great” - Atomic said

so at 10’ish, i got off the 6-pack lift and it felt like I had skins on the bottom of my skis coupled with a crazy strong headwind.

For all of those who missed the joy of skiing today, this is what it looked like at Challenge.

Any new snow was being blown around on top of ice . There were piles of delightttful snow on sidewinder (if you avoided the ice). But overall it was super slow snow.

JADIP?

Damn. That reminds me of when @JFskiDan and I had the joy of experiencing 90 mph winds at snowbird. 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My Sonic was like a tank in the snow. Theres 7 inches where I live and I got right up my hill with no problems

I made fun of the wahoo the sonic going in reverse but I didn’t tell the part of the story where my 4wd suv couldn’t tackle this hill on the way home. 😐

2EA152EC-1D12-40F9-9C52-7C90E7B14A2E.thumb.jpeg.bd46b9cb4af5dbdfe870edae00fb0459.jpeg

• Sad 1