3/16 - We all Scream for Ice Cream

Johnny Law

Rode this morning, C1er, BenM and BFG crew in the house. Stiffer frozen cord first thing that was 30% rattle your bones, oddly some of the trails had pockets of 3d snow that was considerably softer but it was probably tough grooming last night. 

We followed the sun and as it warmed up the snow went to a super nice fast soft serve ice cream. Widow-midway/chute-main was rotd, excellent huck your meet soft snow. Sidewinder too was most excellent down to the turn as the top had baked up nice fast jump off everything snow. 

Quad only but light crowds of mostly slow skiers so I didn't notice them. 

We were a bit early on the cut over to soft snow, it was good but my guess is the c1er and those that could ski until later are getting primo corn harvest. 

Coverage is most excellent, deep across the hill with no spots I saw anywhere. My guess would be anyone thinking about the twilight session would get classic blue super spring skiing. 

20220316_101707.jpg

• Like 8

Today was the most delightful skiing day at Blue. So relaxed and completely void of the usual anxiety. Skiing directly to the lift, warm and sunny, and yet with pretty good snow. Too bad I have to work sometimes, otherwise I'd just stay there all day.

Nobody at the rope drop, and the pic of the pool under construction as a bonus.

57B08D35-9D75-41C8-8FD8-52A37570EDAD.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wonder if ILikeiceCream was there.  I’ll be out Friday for opening.  I should be recovered enough from my fall by then.  The crazy thing is that I slept different to not sleep on my bruise and now my neck is a mess.  I might need to go to NmSkis masseuse 

I got a Tens machine that is also pretty good on a sore neck. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wonder if ILikeiceCream was there.  I’ll be out Friday for opening.  I should be recovered enough from my fall by then.  The crazy thing is that I slept different to not sleep on my bruise and now my neck is a mess.  I might need to go to NmSkis masseuse 

Wow your neck? How’s your back? Anything else sore?

• Haha 3

Finally made a RAW session last night.  Saw @MrsSnowBunSki looking for @mbike-ski and she sounded pissed, but didn't see mbike anywhere.  He was probably hiding from the wrath of something he did or didn't do.

Still soft serve with lots of sprinkles and chocolate sauce, but felt the beginnings of it starting to firm back up towards the end of the session.

ROTN was Barney's, just kept lapping them until the legs fell off.

Finally got to witness the new LED lights on Coming Soon.  Wish the entire mountain had those lights!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Finally made a RAW session last night.  Saw @MrsSnowBunSki looking for @mbike-ski and she sounded pissed, but didn't see mbike anywhere.  He was probably hiding from the wrath of something he did or didn't do.

Still soft serve with lots of sprinkles and chocolate sauce, but felt the beginnings of it starting to firm back up towards the end of the session.

ROTN was Barney's, just kept lapping them until the legs fell off.

Finally got to witness the new LED lights on Coming Soon.  Wish the entire mountain had those lights!

Haha too funny as we saw not one but two indiggio look alikes last night, but no real deal!

• Haha 1