3-21 It's spring?

Benm

Definitely a nice morning I think I was chair 4? One set of tracks before me on Razors. Hit coming soon next , oak leaves slalom up top the lower section was nice and soft. Bottom the patrollers were re setting up the trolling net .  Nightmare and over to Barneys…. Bumps were mowed down as I expected and a bit of a detour around the bare ground. Wish I could have hung around longer 

• Like 1

3/27 is a decent closing date and their opening of 12/3 was better than average..12/3-3/27 is a pretty long season for eastern PA..yes they were closed probably 15 days during the season for rain and early season warmth and it barely snowed but still it did snow a few times and they opened trails aggressively when the cold spell took hold.  

• Like 3

I thought the run of the day was TCS. Smooth as a billiard ball going down to the orange room. Lapped TCS and Razors most of the day. Left about 12:30 when the snow was getting little mushy and my legs said they had enough. Days like this make me think I really do know how to ski (unlike yesterday when I was struggling). A007C683-4B9D-4419-95A0-CF4FB03B7E55.thumb.jpeg.d0ecf62b74c5e954f077cb0ed6928b16.jpeg

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 4

Unfortunately, my last day of the season at Blue was yesterday. Working today and tomorrow. Then it’s gonna rain for 3 days. Leaving for Montana Saturday, so need to get ready for that. It was a great season, I have no complaints, they did a great job with the snowmaking and grooming. 

• Like 9

Rode with Atomic from 1 to 3, snow was legit hero spring snow. Super super soft jump off everything snow. Sun was shining hard but with the breeze it was perfect. 

Crowds were non existent and razors was still nicely smooth, we did that mostly as it was full speed effortless arcs, full grip and where you can go 75% pop off the lips. Challenge, TCS, side where all very very good but razors might be the best spring snow I've had all year.

I would wager we are in for a spicy weekend, the perennial thin spots went fast and Challenge, side, NMDW, all are close to a fast grass section as the other angle/flat spots are thin and 10ft wide.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Amazing afternoon w/ @Johnny Law....do whatever you can to avoid early AM skiing.  The snow was butter this afternoon.  Those pics from earlier look like that feet vibrating snow.

A little teeth chattering until about 10:30. Last week I was trucking down the last head wall of razors, and got far right in the shade onto some untracked solid frozen cord while skidding the skis, and literally went blind for a couple of seconds because my eyeballs were rattling so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Will likely go RAW tomorrow. Really curious to see how things hold up after wed / Thurs.

I’m looking forward to it being a spicy meatball this weekend..that how it should be closing weekend...mad technical what what or que que for all you Spanish speaking snowsports enthusiasts. 

• Like 2

Actually got the $35 PM 4 hr ticket for tomorrow. Extra gas and tolls r/t to Hunter would have been more than that, not to mention the extra time. And Blue has more open than Hunter now. Also always nice to return to a place so familiar with over 40 years of skiing memories once a year. 

Have an AM appt to take off the snow tires. Could be my last ski day for the season. Certainly my last day trip 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Actually got the $35 PM 4 hr ticket for tomorrow. Extra gas and tolls r/t to Hunter would have been more than that, not to mention the extra time. And Blue has more open than Hunter now. Also always nice to return to a place so familiar with over 40 years of skiing memories once a year. 

Have an AM appt to take off the snow tires. Could be my last ski day for the season. Certainly my last day trip 

I thought you usually try and ski pretty late into the spring...

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you usually try and ski pretty late into the spring...

I usually do, I don't rule it out. But this season conditions are deteriorating super fast. PA pretty much shutting down after this weekend and decided to get a PA day in today before rainy spell instead. Catskills seem to be about as bad as PA which is why I am choosing Blue over Hunter (down to 4 real runs, and likely 2 by this weekend) today. 

Don't rule out a VT/NH/CO trip sometime still, but those won't be day trips. And current gas prices with a low mileage vehicle don't make a great case for long drives for sketchy conditions at end of skison (though I did some in Dec). 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski