3/22..pretty good..pleasant weather.

Hey All,

I’m back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was in the low 40s under partly sunny sky’s.  In the house were BenM, Johnny Law, Rodney, Oz, C1er, Jimmy, Harold and many others.  It’s definitely quiet with Bethlehem Ford Guy in Colorado.  

First civilian chair and first run on challenge was spicy with some bare areas and frozen cord. Main Street was a bit better and I enjoyed coming soon with its technical exit.  My favorite run was lower widowmaker to midway to lower Main Street.  The snow was fast and on midway it was the perfect early spring corn snow..I definitely milked it for an extra turn on the east facing lower left wall...milk it milk it. 

I skied till about 1035 and then drank two fast 12 ounce beers in the lot and was out of there before 1115. Now back at work like a dork I even resisted stopping at the doggystyle hot dog stand at the Lazarus market in Whitehall cause I had enough tubular meat on party day.  JADIP

504D1457-A09A-41C4-B06B-FACD6CC44118.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice day. All mashed potatoes. Haven't shared a lift yet. Kudos to Blue for having coverage this good with the weather they have had. Doing better than places with more favorable climates. Nice to check out Blue once a year at a time when there are no crowds. Believe I have been coming here 41 years now.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

Just back from Blue for the first time in....two years?  Maybe three? 

Youngest daughter home from break, so we decided to end the season with some true blue!  Pretty slushy.  Hard to see how much survives for closing weekend with two days of rain, but hopefully they will!

We skied every trail once, then headed home.  Fun time.

Get a car wash tomorrow, and put the bike rack on....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Just back from Blue for the first time in....two years?  Maybe three? 

Youngest daughter home from break, so we decided to end the season with some true blue!  Pretty slushy.  Hard to see how much survives for closing weekend with two days of rain, but hopefully they will!

We skied every trail once, then headed home.  Fun time.

Get a car wash tomorrow, and put the bike rack on....

TNT where have you been skiing this season?

What a fantastic night. Rode from 430-645. Took a couple lifts with Ridge, always a pleasure sir. Also had a lift ride with a cool redcoat. We bounded over our hatred for the damn race team. Let me tell you…ski patrol might hate them more than we do!!

They shut the quad down around 530 so I only got one run down TCS. Couple runs thru the park, even took a decent fall on a rail. that’s always “fun”.  One of those night where you keep saying in your mind “one more” and next thing you know it’s 6 runs later. Lol

Saw and side hi to Mike walking off the snow and picked up a Blue Mountain Parks tee on the way out. 

Im pretty content with my season but I got kinda sad tonight knowing it’s more than likely over after this weekend. 

JADIP

EBC7CCCC-9069-4C40-9414-DB1D925DAC7B.thumb.png.ab5eada64f05d475f191ef24fee14180.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Cool shot. The contrast between the upper part of the shot vs the lower is neat. Good seeing you too sir. Same sentiments here. If yesterday was it I'm more than happy with the season that was. Not writing off the weekend but the snows going fast. The weekend is going to see a reduced trail count at the very least.  Let's see what the next few days bring. I will say this. It's obvious that Blue stayed open this week for it's passholders and that's pretty cool of them. Props to blue no doubt.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's obvious that Blue stayed open this week for it's passholders and that's pretty cool of them. Props to blue no doubt.

maybe they stayed open because it'd have been a bad look to close when they have more snow than JF and maybe Camelback - both are still alive.

if they opened a day in april for passholders, that'd be pretty cool of them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

TNT where have you been skiing this season?

Been a strange season for us - low quantity but high on quality.

JF on X-mas day.

Oldest daughter working Taos as an instructor for the winter, so we went there for five days in January - came in on the heels of 25" and had a great trip.

Went to Stowe for two days with a friend after about a 12" snow.  Great Saturday - CRAZY crowds.  Believe the Epic hype for sure.  Parking lots full at 10:30am...

Wife and I did Belleayre 1 day, then we got a puppy which dampened day trips.

Went to Telluride with friends I haven't seen since the first weekend of the pandemic in Jackson Hole!  Killer three days.  Started snowing the day we arrived, probably 18-20" by the time it stopped the following day.

And yesterday at true blue....

• Like 7
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Benm said:

maybe they stayed open because it'd have been a bad look to close when they have more snow than JF and maybe Camelback - both are still alive.

if they opened a day in april for passholders, that'd be pretty cool of them.

From pictures I’ve seen camelback has more snow.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Cool shot. The contrast between the upper part of the shot vs the lower is neat. Good seeing you too sir. Same sentiments here. If yesterday was it I'm more than happy with the season that was. Not writing off the weekend but the snows going fast. The weekend is going to see a reduced trail count at the very least.  Let's see what the next few days bring. I will say this. It's obvious that Blue stayed open this week for it's passholders and that's pretty cool of them. Props to blue no doubt.

Yeah I can't see Challenge, Upper Main, Sidewinder, Switchback or Come Around making it through the pre-weekend rain in very good shape and Coming Soon, Paradise and Lazy are questionable. Razors seems good to go for a long time if they can move enough snow from trails they are abandoning to keep Homestretch solid. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Looks like Blue and CBK both jumped the gun on closing today with no rain now forecast til evening. 

It’s a money saving tactic they know it’s not supposed to rain until tonight.  Some years they’re weekends only at the end of the season so at least they were open on Monday and Tuesday.  It was like 90% season passholders.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s a money saving tactic they know it’s not supposed to rain until tonight.  Some years they’re weekends only at the end of the season so at least they were open on Monday and Tuesday.  It was like 90% season passholders.  

I'm sure I saw more than 9 other people there