Closing Time. Goodbye Blue 21/22.

toast21602

8 minutes ago, Benm said:

has anyone paid attn in years past to how ops go after the season ends?

i'm just wondering if this sort of activity is common or not. part of me is thinking, well, they have the snow burn race upcoming and maybe they are just mowing down snow to have a melted out path.

so why push snow around and groom? the one cat had the back part to make the cord lowered.

Ben you and toast are the only people who watch the webcams constantly.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ben you and toast are the only people who watch the webcams constantly.  

i just took a random glance earlier and happened to catch a cat driving around, now i'm engrossed.

waiting to hear something over radio. there was something earlier about '... taking snow from...' but i couldn't catch it all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Special opening for season pass holders only....

That’s discrimination against non season passholders.  Blue always used to close later than the competition and Blue would be filled with bear creek and camelback passholders late season.  Many of them eventually saw the light and the light was blue. 

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue should reopen but charge everybody including season passholders like $30 for bonus skiing. That way they wouldn’t reopen at a loss.  

I would be ok with this.......but like stated in another thread, it doesnt leave me much money for snacks, so bring your own.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue should reopen but charge everybody including season passholders like $30 for bonus skiing. That way they wouldn’t reopen at a loss.  

What is wrong with you? Are you like a part-owner in Blue Mountain? Some secret heir to Bleu?

I doubt they're operating at a loss for the entire season. 

• Boner City 1

2 minutes ago, skiincy said:

What is wrong with you? Are you like a part-owner in Blue Mountain? Some secret heir to Bleu?

I doubt they're operating at a loss for the entire season. 

Just ruffling some feathers.  I bet most passholders would pay $30 to ski Blue this weekend.  Better than having to drive at least a few hours for skiing or not ski.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'd pay $60 but they should donate all proceeds to charity.

I like the charity idea but not the charging passholders. I get that they have already been closed, but this opens up some room to get creative with what constitutes a ski season.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I like that we have spies, like the groomer accidentally puts the carpet down and it's on here in minutes.  

I soooo hope they pull a quick one and open this weekend 

Johnny Law this is gonna be the summer that you come to the grate Allentown fair...I have the plug on free passes...you’ll love the variety of birch beer. 

• Like 1