Sullivan Bubble Six Pack

Lift Blog

On 10/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Welcome back!!  I think it’s actually 650 vert if the new bubble lift is replacing the quad that goes over the old alpine slide and water park right in front of the base lodge.  There’s a bubble lift at copper mountain and I don’t like it.  Maybe if it was zero degrees out and super windy would be different or raining.  Now camelback can be the rainy day destination….”get wet in the water park and stay dry on our bubble chair”

Enjoy the Bubbles at Okemo and Snow - and a real nice thing about the Snow bubble is on crowded days it draws the crowds away from the parallel non bubble HSQ 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 8:32 AM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Enjoy the Bubbles at Okemo and Snow - and a real nice thing about the Snow bubble is on crowded days it draws the crowds away from the parallel non bubble HSQ 

Snows bubble is the smoothest lift I’ve ever been on. Got motion sickness and felt like I was gonna vomit the first 30 seconds I rode it for the first time. 

On 10/30/2022 at 9:22 AM, antman12 said:

Snows bubble is the smoothest lift I’ve ever been on. Got motion sickness and felt like I was gonna vomit the first 30 seconds I rode it for the first time. 

So you are being sarcastic about it being smooth? 

Or being smooth gives you motion sickness?

54 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

So you are being sarcastic about it being smooth? 

Or being smooth gives you motion sickness?

Huh? No I’m being serious. The lift is so smooth it made me nauseous the first 30 seconds I was on it. 

On 10/28/2022 at 12:03 PM, JFskiDan said:

the new lift is 2600' long, moves at almost 1000' per minute, and takes you directly over top of all of this bullshit, that makes you feel like you are skiing at Sesame Street. 

image.png.d2998a0be919364398c1435ab154c2f8.png

They should have at least paint the damn slides like a forest green (or ordered them in that color). It would have reduced the circus factor by 6 percent.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Curious about this barrel setup. Wonder if they are going to bury all of that with snow? Is it just there for height now so that they can access the chairs easily and will be removed later and filled with base? And why the heck did they grade such an uphill to get to the load point?

image.png.fd74d09e440d78d74b3b27af42e32a53.png

I was under the impression filling the lazy River with barrels is what they do each year

25 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I was under the impression filling the lazy River with barrels is what they do each year

Yeah, they definitely filled it with something and then put those mats over it. The stuff filling up the walk in to the lazy river looked like Mentos, lol. 

That just seems like a lot of height to make up at the loading platform, the chairs look like they are clearing the barrels at about the right height to sit down. I guess if you lay down a 24 inch base it's not so bad

Testing again right now if anyone wants to watch lift spin for stoke.

Imagine your job was to stand in one spot all day just lifting the bubble as the chair comes into the station. Hopefully it's automated, but it looks like someone standing there today

Edited by enjoralas