Flying trips

mgguy

16 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I was looking at some of my GoPro footage from Copper last year, and didn't realize how much I missed skiing wide open blue western groomers this year. 

I fucking fly down those runs.  Oz would probably go at least 110mph at a western resort.  

Go to colorado next week..you can ski with me unless it’s a powder day. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I fucking fly down those runs.  Oz would probably go at least 110mph at a western resort.  

Can't, just started my new role at work so won't be taking any time off for a little bit

On 4/3/2022 at 3:20 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I fly United with Atomic Jeff I get two free bags and I get one free bag when I fly myself on United due to United credit card.  At least you didn’t have to pay parking at the airport. That stings the most for me.  Was about $200 off-site at Newark when I went to Jackson hole. 

Agree... Parking at Newark is the worst.

I too luckily get 2 free bags with United.. and also found out on the the way home from SLC on Sunday I get a 75lb limit versus 50lb limit (board bag was 55), so I did not need to spend 100 dollar overage fee.

20 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Agree... Parking at Newark is the worst.

I too luckily get 2 free bags with United.. and also found out on the the way home from SLC on Sunday I get a 75lb limit versus 50lb limit (board bag was 55), so I did not need to spend 100 dollar overage fee.

Did you buy cowboy boots to put in the board bag?  I’m stoked to fly out of Philly next week and just park at the garage in the upper levels and only $16 a day since economy parking is still closed.  You must be a pretty frequent flyer on United for two free bags and the 70 pound weight limit.  I think it’s 70 not 75 for the gold status peeps. 

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Looking forward to your trip report 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m stoked to fly out of Philly next week and just park at the garage in the upper levels and only $16 a day since economy parking is still closed.

Economy parking is closed for good. They are turning that lot into an air cargo shipping area. 

• Boner City 1

11 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Is it a lot cheaper to park at Philly than Newark? I usually fly out of Philly when I drive to airport, took a bus to Newark going to Montana. I use Express Park in Philly. They shuttle you to airport. Used to be $18 day, I think 

Philly airport in the garages is $24 per day but if you’re parked over 24 hours it’s $16 per day which is quite reasonable.  If you park right at your terminal in Newark airport it’s $44 per day.  Years ago I was running late and didn’t have time for economy or off site and parked at the gate and was $38 a day then.  The garage with sky train access at Newark is $38 per day and economy is $21 per day.  Economy parking at Philly used to be like $11-12 a day.  For Newark I park at the parking spot Haines because it’s actually closer than the economy lots and their service is impeccable.  I’ve never done off site at Philly.  I’d consider taking an Uber to the Philly airport but don’t trust that the vehicle would be able to accomadate my ski bag.  If I ever fly out of Allentown airport I’d prob take uber.  I sort of want to visit Nashville sometime for all the ladies and bachelorette parties. 

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Flying Philly to DIA tomorrow eve, redeye back Mon night. 

Staying in Silverthorne and will ski some combo of Breck, Keystone, Vail, Beaver

Any idea where conditions are best at present?

From webcams and snow reports you should know what the conditions are like.  It’s supposed to snow Tuesday and Wednesday for when I arrive.  Where are you staying in Silverthorne?

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

From webcams and snow reports you should know what the conditions are like.  It’s supposed to snow Tuesday and Wednesday for when I arrive.  Where are you staying in Silverthorne?

"Luxury Inn & Suites"  $100/nt with hot tub and breakfast

$185 car rental

Using miles.and voucher for Free direct Frontier flights including checked skis and boots and carry on.

Epic pass for lift tix

Steal

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Boner City 1

12 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

"Luxury Inn & Suites"  $100/nt with hot tub and breakfast

$185 car rental

Using miles.and voucher for Free direct Frontier flights including checked skis and boots and carry on.

Epic pass for lift tix

Steal

Are you on the 9:25pm flight out of philly tomorrow night?

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

$185 car rental

Oh wao, when I went in early March rental cars were like $700. Though I'm always leery of those places that have the super cheap cars like Fox and "Nu"... they must rent out clunkers that will probably break down halfway through the Eisenhower Tunnel

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

Oh wao, when I went in early March rental cars were like $700. Though I'm always leery of those places that have the super cheap cars like Fox  and Nu... they must rent out clunkers 

Well it’s only for 3 days and rental car prices are a lot lower now than in mid winter.  I just rent through Alamo..

I found this pretty cool map that shows the current snow depth across the country. Sad to see 0" in PA but Colorado and Canada are still covered. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/maps/snowdepth/in-Silver-Plume,CO?loc=eyJsIjoiU2lsdmVyIFBsdW1lIiwiciI6IkNPIiwiYyI6IlVuaXRlZCBTdGF0ZXMiLCJpIjoiVVMiLCJnIjoiZW4tdXMiLCJ4IjoiLTEwNS44OTc2NjIiLCJ5IjoiMzkuNjc5OTUyIn0%3D&weadegreetype=F&ocid=winp1taskbar&zoom=10&cvid=8cc9ac5f29734dbc9b527b985277cae1&ski=1

The Luxury Inn and Suites is right next to the La Quinta I stayed at in January. I think the hot tub there is actually outside. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

I found this pretty cool map that shows the current snow depth across the country. Sad to see 0" in PA but Colorado and Canada are still covered. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/maps/snowdepth/in-Silver-Plume,CO?loc=eyJsIjoiU2lsdmVyIFBsdW1lIiwiciI6IkNPIiwiYyI6IlVuaXRlZCBTdGF0ZXMiLCJpIjoiVVMiLCJnIjoiZW4tdXMiLCJ4IjoiLTEwNS44OTc2NjIiLCJ5IjoiMzkuNjc5OTUyIn0%3D&weadegreetype=F&ocid=winp1taskbar&zoom=10&cvid=8cc9ac5f29734dbc9b527b985277cae1&ski=1

The Luxury Inn and Suites is right next to the La Quinta I stayed at in January. I think the hot tub there is actually outside. 

I stayed at that La Quinta before..its kind of crappy.  I haven’t booked my hotel yet for Colorado but prob either Comfort suites or the Hampton inn..both pretty cheap as it’s the off season.