Flying trips

mgguy

28 minutes ago, Schif said:

How do we feel about Longhorn though? 

I like Longhorn, Outback and Texas Roadhouse.  I haven’t been to longhorn in years and used to go with my parents.  They have good salad, bread and their steaks are decent. Texas Roadhouse has prime rib that is good and the Outback has their famous blooming onion and Australian theme.  I just think if you’re in the Rocky Mountains and want a steak get it from somewhere that sources it locally and prepares it uniquely.  

My last jackson trip I had a bison steak  in a really nice sauce with nice accomplishment. I think it was about $50 but came with mersheded perterers and some sort of veggie.  Honestly a lot of days after skiing I just want pizza..

@saltyant can tell you about the place where you cook your own steaks...it even has a salad bar.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i actually didnt think there was a sizzler left in existence.  

The last time I went to a Pondersa was when I was in college. Back then it was maybe $11.99-$15 for a steak but came with salad bar with hot and cold items like tacos and pasta and potato skins and I believe soft served ice cream...same concept.  Since I’m happily putting off work I have to get done this afternoon, I’ll find you a short Anthony bourdain video from the sizzler.  Three minutes long. 

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I don't understand why people pay to go out to dinner just to cook their own dinner. 

Korean BBQ, fondue and hot pot I think are the only exceptions otherwise i couldn't agree more. 

If I'm cooking it and I select my cut of beef what the fuck do I need the restaurant for ? Fire ? Napkins ? Small talk with a waitress ? 

15 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Korean BBQ, fondue and hot pot I think are the only exceptions otherwise i couldn't agree more. 

If I'm cooking it and I select my cut of beef what the fuck do I need the restaurant for ? Fire ? Napkins ? Small talk with a waitress ? 

I went to the cook your own restaurant in Silverthorne(the mint) and I picked out a steak(a ribeye) and I asked if they’d cook it medium because I wanted to relax at the bar and they Obliged. There’s a Mexican restaurant in Rehobath beach that has deconstructed tacos on the menu...now that’s something I like.  Hard beef tacos for me please!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I still need the building to keep warm from the blustery Rocky Mountain winter, the flaming hot wood stove, the delicious meats, the various seasoning, metal clicky tongs to cook said meat, a comfy seat to wait for meat to sizzle, an infinite supply of toast to grill, utensils, glass cup to pour my Yoohoo, more seasonings, the ambience, radical rock music playing in the background to liven the mood, and electricity for lighting so I can observe if my meat is well done or extra well done. Oh and also for a side of Steeze Fries.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I still need the building to keep warm from the blustery Rocky Mountain winter, the flaming hot wood stove, the delicious meats, the various seasoning, metal clicky tongs to cook said meat, a comfy seat to wait for meat to sizzle, an infinite supply of toast to grill, utensils, glass cup to pour my Yoohoo, more seasonings, the ambience, radical rock music playing in the background to liven the mood, and electricity for lighting so I can observe if my meat is well done or extra well done. Oh and also for a side of Steeze Fries.

I heard the bread is free.  Salty do you like vegetables?

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I don't understand why people pay to go out to dinner just to cook their own dinner. 

I guess the novelty aand social aspect. I did one in Steamboat, it was ok - the cooking part anyway. The steak was grate, I wish GSS was there so I could remember what it was! after you selected your cut and done-ness the butcher gave you instructions "x" minutes each side, you grabbed your beer, shot the shit, watched the clock, flipped your meat and voila - came out perfect! Your sides were at the table waiting for you

• Boner City 2

United airlines is asking me if I want to buy any snacks on the plane ahead of time for my flight on Tuesday.  I’ll probably pass as I’m a boomer and arrive at the airport 2-3 hours early and usually eat something in the airport then gain two hours and will have lunch on the way to summit county and then have dinner and snacks as well I’m sure I don’t need a fourth meal.  The burger sang is tempting and only $10

• 9 months later...