4/12-4/19 Colorado trip report.

Hey All,

I leave for Colorado Tuesday morning. Flying United from Philly to Denver around 10am, renting a mid sized awd SUV at Alamo..stop off in Idaho springs for safety supplies and then to the Silverthorne comfort suites.  I’ve stayed in 5 different hotels in Silverthorne/Dillon including the Best Western, La Quinta Inn, Days Inn, Hampton inn and Silver inn.  Airfare is free, hotel is $680 with tax for six nights and rental car prob will be about $500-550 it’s a variable price.

Logistics are boring so onto the weather.  It’s supposed to be cold and snowy the first part of my trip and then still winterlike with sun and clouds..remember snow breeds snow..could be a bit of a cycle.  I’m Just hoping I-70 through the continental divide is open as it looks like all day snow Tuesday in the mountains   

Falalalala

Heres a few pictures from past mid april trips to Colorado.  

BC91EACC-5B26-4374-B3B0-8EF40FC317DD.jpeg

217D9F43-EA22-46FE-AA72-58389AA39DAF.jpeg

B762FF67-F236-46E2-8852-03E725F94E83.jpeg

0DF8BF7A-1347-4154-857F-45B5483DAD2A.jpeg

CCAFA791-DB77-4E1D-A89C-0E6F3F02851C.jpeg

FEB9FCE3-E4AC-4F89-98BD-EB80274EEC70.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I reserved off site parking at Jet Stream.  I heard that the parking garages at the airport have often been full.  Coincidently economy parking is reopening with about 1/5 of the original lot next week and long term garage parking is going up from $16 per day on stays over 72 hours to $20 per day over 96 hours.   For shits and giggles I called airport parking a few hours ago and they said they only had spots in level 7 of the E-F garage.  

Flight is at 8am and arrival in Denver is a little after 10am.  I said 10am before but I believe that’s when my return flight is.  Always good to check these things. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hotel house to terminal in an hour and fifty minutes, not bad considering a very long line(about 20 minutes) through security.  Jet Stream parking was super nice..I think the neighborhood (essington) I drove through was in Delco...hit a giant pot hole like a block from parking place...shuttle guy helped me with my ski bag.  No line at United airlines check in..paid $45 for one bag..first checked bag free...at least I had a milfy blonde in stretch pants in front of me in line..no idea if she was 35 or 50 due to mask..walked through bomb sniffing dog and then in security to keep the line moving I didn’t have to take off my shoes.  

Also amazing how long people will stand in line for Dunkin’ Donuts   

JADIP...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hotel house to terminal in an hour and fifty minutes, not bad considering a very long line(about 20 minutes) through security.  Jet Stream parking was super nice..I think the neighborhood (essington) I drove through was in Delco...hit a giant pot hole like a block from parking place...shuttle guy helped me with my ski bag.  No line at United airlines check in..paid $45 for one bag..first checked bag free...at least I had a milfy blonde in stretch pants in front of me in line..no idea if she was 35 or 50 due to mask..walked through bomb sniffing dog and then in security to keep the line moving I didn’t have to take off my shoes.  

Also amazing how long people will stand in line for Dunkin’ Donuts   

JADIP...

Essington is on the top of the list as far as those people who love to be from, and tell people they are from Delco.  They are the ones at Wildwood flying the Delco flags.  Kinda like when Glenn wears his sherriffs badge.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Essington is on the top of the list as far as those people who love to be from, and tell people they are from Delco.  They are the ones at Wildwood flying the Delco flags.  Kinda like when Glenn wears his sherriffs badge.  

i think you misspelled ridley.

• Like 1

I got my rental car from Alamo.  The lady at the counter Kyra said it was like $750 and I said online it was less so she got her assistant, Doug who remarked to me,”nice name” and I got my rental for $545.  A Jeff Cherokee..it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles like Mutes car but fits my ski bag, just barely. 

Right now wt the chili’s in Wheat Ridge first real meal of the day, just had a stroopwaffel on the plane and some pretzels in Philly airport.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Hahaha there’s a movie from last year with Jeremy Piven that takes place in Delco..It’s called Last Call and I watched it for free on YouTube. Except for BenM and Phillycore and Aunt Mary Pat Sabatino, I’m not that familiar with Delco but it’s an intriguing place so close the the hustle and bustle of Philly. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

i think you misspelled ridley.

Upper Chi, Boothwyn, Parkside, Ridley, Glenolden, Folcroft, Essington are at the top.  Those people think Delco ends about 7 miles North of 95.  They also think the earth is flat, and you will fall off the map if you go north of Route 1. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The drive from Idaho Springs to Silverthorne was wicked easy...it was snowing a bit but the roads were clear.      I got three packages of gummies, a one gram cart and three pre rolled joints for just under $150 and tipped the bud tender a $10..gotta spread that Karma.  

Just Checked into Comfort Suites.  Room is decent. Gonna take a low dose of the edibles and relax probably nap a bit.  I left Allentown at 430am eastern and here checked in at 2pm mountain time.  A whopping 11.5 hours door to door but I did stop for lunch and safety supplies.  Glad to have made it here. I think I’m gonna buy a three day weekday pass for Abasin..probably use it twice this week and on Monday.  Driving by Loveland the snow looked midwinter great but boy was it cold and windy.  20 degrees at the tunnel and mid 20s here in Silverthorne.  

45106C7A-6233-45F7-AF0C-2F73E97E41DD.jpeg

939F4F02-F375-4490-B110-236C87D0E027.jpeg

6CB75517-3A28-439D-ADA2-71491C0868BB.jpeg

8530EE09-09BC-48D7-8F1C-A55306E1ED27.jpeg

817C9A65-10E6-4DB6-A699-C5A2FCCB5D51.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1