4/12-4/19 Colorado trip report.

7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Chicken butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My nephew says that.  For next ski season I’m gonna buy one of these chickens for the lot to add to the early morning and mid day cowbells. If the fall back doesn’t happen, VTMark2 will be doing laser light shows while we are booting up.  

• Thanks 1

I just purchased a midweek three pack for Abasin for $239 and I added $2 for the national forest foundation for $241. You don’t have to use it consecutive days which I like.  I’ll prob ski Abasin tomorrow, Friday and Monday and maybe cooper Thursday at least one weekend day at Loveland.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My neighbors are playing the Outfield right now..doesn’t bring me down and good volume. 

The walls at your hotel house must be thin. I stayed at a cheap motel in the Skills last summer and could hear crappy country music blasting through the walls when I wanted to take a nap at 1 pm. It was not rad.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The walls at your hotel house must be thin. I stayed at a cheap motel in the Skills last summer and could hear crappy country music blasting through the walls when I wanted to take a nap at 1 pm. It was not rad.

No the music was loud.  At Japanese restaurant right now eating at the shushi bar and jelly of the hibachi peeps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No the music was loud.  At Japanese restaurant right now eating at the shushi bar and jelly of the hibachi peeps. 

Nozawa Sushi & Hibachi, by the hotel house? I'm pretty sure I ate there on September 11, 2017 and it was delicious.

• Like 1

The free breakfast at comfort suites in Silverthorne isn’t that good.  There is sausage and ham.  I’ll probably go to Einstein bagels tomorrow I can see it from my window.  Laid out all my ski stuff, ABasin doesn’t open until 9am but prob get there pretty early to get a good parking place, boot up and get my ticket.  

Last night had japanese food..was good and I know hot and sour soup is the most gringo thing but I like it. With my Colorado mule was under $50

29EAF342-2878-4315-AA03-E5DB7CB45CF2.jpeg

0F3595CB-E9B9-4A51-A3E0-9C4C24DC0335.jpeg

EA20924F-58E9-47EA-B74D-286EBB25C5EF.jpeg

07634B20-FDE8-4BBB-A535-55F9CB2498A5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1

Up the montezuma lift and the goofy patrollers said welcome to the Zumba enturo. There was absolutely nobody on the back side or Lenawee like maybe people every 20th chair.  Back on the upper front face, I actually waited for a group to get in front of me because the visibility was so bad and that area is essentially tree less.  Even though I was following people I got vertigo a few times.  The snow was so so good packed powder or a few inches of untracked everywhere.  

I accidentally ended up on a bump one on one of the later morning runs and was a little icy underneath.  Even the black mountain express had no lines, I didn’t even ride the lift with anybody.  I didn’t go on the Pali lift, I want better Vis for that terrain..looking like I’ll be back at Abasin tomorrow again..maybe it will be a degree or two warmer and the sun will come out.  

After skiing i went to the mountain Lynn cafe for steak and eggs then had some edibles and a long nap and enjoying a French dip Sammy right now from Cheba hut.  

6F692434-C71F-4246-B61B-3FEAAC169D8E.jpeg

1E78573C-4B96-472F-ADF1-3C73D74D32CC.jpeg

1CA6258F-EBCB-4877-80C3-66FDBED25AD9.jpeg

278B1B91-B409-4438-81D6-67CA795B0922.jpeg

540EDAD8-80D4-4C28-8135-4D4E61DD2AB9.jpeg

1EEBA5A3-E086-4E59-974E-76AB1003C101.jpeg

F77C915B-0702-48D0-B782-1CD6B45D6116.jpeg

60AAD61C-E1B4-4BC2-91E3-DCB40FCE7825.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Fucking titty sparkles 

There is not a soul in almost all of your pics, that shit alone is like a dream and your eating good in the neighborhood. 

Props for always keeping safety first, that spring pow is gold but can be treacherous.

There are a lot of sharks lurking..I’m glad I’m an agile mofo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, toast21602 said:

WTGAI! I always enjoy the Colorado Skifari reports and it looks like you hit it at a great time which is good stoke for all of us back in PA

Thanks and no altitude sickness so far. I have been drinking a lot of water and Gatorade. The only beer I’ve bought for the room so far is a 12 pack of negro modelo.  It’s only like 4.4% alcohol. 

Silverthorne and especially Abasin has been in a snow globe.  There’s been another inch of pixie dust on my rental car at least four times.  Report coming soon.  

• Like 4

On 4/13/2022 at 8:03 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup!!! The parking situation is a shit show in PHL. Glad you snagged some off airport parking and called ahead. 👍🏼

April 16th 2022... Copper mountain 

Its finally warmer out.  Today began with some nice sunshine with a temperaturen in the mid 30s in Silverthorne.  I left the hotel house around 820am and I was in the free parking at Copper before 840am and riding the Super Bee lift by 9am.  It was a festive atmosphere at Copper mountain with a lot of families.  The groomers were mostly cord but not as hero snow as Abasin..groomed a little more solid and off trail had some areas of try fresh and some sort of manky from the strong morning sun.  I made my way across from west to east to ptaragjn lift, American flyer and Timberline which had really nice hero snow with the sun shining.  I only took the Sierra lift once and it was chilly up in the alpine and as I made my way back across the mountain from timberline to super bee there were some large clouds and by the time I was back in Silverthorne there was full cloud cover.  I’m happy to at least have had some sun and no real liftlines at Copper...I stopped at a mini market for more bottled water, iced tea and some snacks and then got Wendy’s this has to be one of the most expensive Wendy’s. I dropped $17.  I’m thinking Loveland tomorrow and maybe Abasin on my last ski day Monday.  

76447D88-A3C4-4C4E-8D2D-4F2003DFB1BE.jpeg

148E5FB6-C8A3-42EB-AE43-EE358DC5157D.jpeg

BBBC2FE2-A8DF-4308-9F86-BE71990FAC34.jpeg

41756047-401F-4612-9B42-009703C2D08F.jpeg

BE4B9714-534A-4C89-9D70-0BF0F948485A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1