4/12-4/19 Colorado trip report.

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Super bee is always good runs and it's the tits Mcgee when your happy to get sun on a spring trip.

Somewhere there is a pick of that timber Ridge sign in summer like 30ft in the air. Shit is deeeep

Coverage at Copper is pretty average for this time of year and I feel like Abasin is a bit below average.  @Schif and @skiincyI’m going to do my best to avoid the tunnel run tomorrow at Loveland.  

Day 5 of 6

April 17th, 2022

Loveland Colorado

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun snowy ski day.  I arrived at the lot at Loveland at 820am and it was a heavy wet snow upon arrival and windy as well.  It’s amazing watching how past the lot at Loveland fills up.  First lift ride up Chet’s dream and wow there were a lot of Herbs out doing herb things. Don’t believe anything you hear, most of these Colorado front rangers are goobs.  

Then the #2 lift which had untracked pow almost top to bottom. Then lift 4, lift, lift six and lift 9. I essentially worked my way across the mountain in 5-6 runs then 1-2 runs back.  One quick safety break and my ears were bugging me.  No real lift lines and I skied about half untracked mostly lower angel hippie pow and steeper pitches had crusties underneath and the woods had some nasties.  As it was again cold and windy, I didn’t take many pictures but I think the few I took gives an overall idea of what this mid April has been all about.  

5D178B37-9E2E-40F9-87C9-96F176F6F308.jpeg

865D2101-9460-4759-B461-20CF3C61E0D2.jpeg

E0DD71DF-4F18-46F9-9B9D-7AC79E99D7FA.jpeg

B9D98A4A-6472-482D-B6BF-0B040B3B5CAB.jpeg

B59CFC24-2AAD-4B1A-9EAE-7820B3E82884.jpeg

F1E83DB9-8C70-40A5-8B53-4EBE54B2456E.jpeg

F117ECEC-9B69-4C34-9BCA-1DA66556E78C.jpeg

• Like 6

Yesterday at Loveland, my ears started bugging me and I was feeling especially light headed. Just the walk from the middle of the parking lot to the ticket office had me sucking serious wind.  I slept a lot last night then this morning I was dry heaving pretty bad and went back to sleep until 10am.  I decided to take a rare day of today and I wasn’t that upset about it.  I had five nice days including four pow days and and didn’t want to end this season feeling like poop.  

I left the comfort suites in silverthorne right before 11am and was at the Hyatt place by the Denver airport by 1230pm. Was just amazing I made it like four days into this trip before altitude sickness hit me.  Sometimes it’s 1-2 days into the trip. I tried my best to stay hydrated and didn’t drink much alcohol this trip. So two years in a row, I have the same amount of ski days as the famous BenM. 

The only picture i took today was from my suite at Comfort suites before I went back to sleep.  

JADIP

FFE51439-F8BB-4C9D-A585-B57FB4EEA8AB.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

just amazing I made it like four days into this trip before altitude sickness hit me.

It’s weird how altitude sickness can hit. You think you would be in the clear once you are there a few days and doing all the right things 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

It’s weird how altitude sickness can hit. You think you would be in the clear once you are there a few days and doing all the right things 

Almost every trip to Colorado I get altitude sickness and I never get it in Jackson hole but the majority of the time I spend at JH is at 6k feet in the valley and usually like 8-9500k when skiing while in Colorado I stay at almost 9k feet and ski at like 10-11k+

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Almost every trip to Colorado I get altitude sickness and I never get it in Jackson hole but the majority of the time I spend at JH is at 6k feet in the valley and usually like 8-9500k when skiing while in Colorado I stay at almost 9k feet and ski at like 10-11k+

I battled on and off with slight headaches at Crested Butte.  Kept the alcohol to a minimum, and my gracious host was always reminding me to drink water.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Probably, I’ve never had altitude sickness

I think it depends on the person.  Like 1/4 or those that live at sea level get it when going into the higher mountains but only like 6-7% of people like Barb that live at a mile high already get it.  I never had a yeast infection so I have that going for me.