4/12-4/19 Colorado trip report.

26 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

When I was passing through LAX in Feb I saw some interesting mask combos.  The most extreme I saw was what looked to be triple mask + face shield.  Plus lots of double masks.

I miss seeing faceshields around.  They were rad.  Early in the pandemic some of the vendors at the allentown farmers market wore them.  

C367A679-7146-404A-B1C9-16BE5A338EA5.jpeg

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

Did anyone else see the guy at the Sixers game on Monday that was turned away for wearing a plague mask?  I was dying!  It's actually bullshit because this mask is way better than a cloth mask, but they didn't like him being a troll I guess.

76ers Fan Plague Mask

This is where the pandemic takes an interesting twist.   25 months in and I’m still laughing.  

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Did anyone else see the guy at the Sixers game on Monday that was turned away for wearing a plague mask?  I was dying!  It's actually bullshit because this mask is way better than a cloth mask, but they didn't like him being a troll I guess.

76ers Fan Plague Mask

I didn't see this but it's fantastic. Going to a Sixers game when they had the mask mandate plus the vax card screen at the door made the lines to get in a nightmare. 

PS: Sixers in 5 and I hope Ben Simmons comes back in game 4 and doesn't score a single point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People are still allowed to wear masks on planes if they want to.  

When my 1 year old granddaughter flew back to Sacramento after the Christmas holidays this year she got a case of Covid from the airport or plane. Fortunately, she was still nursing, and my daughter in law was fully vaccinated, which medical experts think will help, so it was a mild case.   Also this Easter my sister in law and niece were supposed to come up from Philadelphia for dinner, but they both had Covid. Also vaccinated, so mild cases. And my niece in Maine came down with it last week in College. Although apparently the chances of getting long haul syndrome isn’t affected by vaccination. Cases in the area have doubled the past couple of weeks. 

Shame to spoil a good Colorado thread with this BS. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

When my 1 year old granddaughter flew back to Sacramento after the Christmas holidays this year she got a case of Covid from the airport or plane. Fortunately, she was still nursing, and my daughter in law was fully vaccinated, which medical experts think will help, so it was a mild case.   Also this Easter my sister in law and niece were supposed to come up from Philadelphia for dinner, but they both had Covid. Also vaccinated, so mild cases. And my niece in Maine came down with it last week in College. Although apparently the chances of getting long haul syndrome isn’t affected by vaccination. Cases in the area have doubled the past couple of weeks. 

C1er, this thread hasn’t even been that good, I didn’t have anybody to take action shots of me in Colorado and it was so empty that I would have had to wait many minutes to get shots of other folks. I only even rode the lift with others a handful of times. 

Everybody has a different level of risk.   If I had a baby and was afraid of them getting Covid, I wouldn’t take them on planes. I probably had Covid back in December.  Half of Allentown got it then and I was hoarse for a couple days.  I didn’t get tested because what I don’t know won’t hurt me...Atomic Jeff wouldn’t ride the lift with me at Blue.   

Will be interesting to see if there are future booster shots.  Also C1 I understand that 70 year olds are gonna be more cautious about Covid than 30 and 40 year olds because they’ve seen so many of their friends die of it.  

Also when the older folks on PASR were kids, the world was about adults not about kids, parents smoked cigs with kids on their laps and let kids drink soda.  Ahhh the good old days when young black men like @theprogram4brought hip hop to the masses. 

28 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I discovered a Twitter account that archives old Trump tweets.  Holy shit he was so great.  Some of the tweets are so good I’m not sure if they are even real

6D336147-E76D-4A74-87AD-C82D448B6573.thumb.png.e03ac5031b7cb5db5be2c0f7cab5a2dd.png

Honestly congressman are paid like $200k a year and serious benefits from our taxes, they should dress a little better.  Also put a wig on Barney Frank and a half bottle of JD in me and I’d fap to that..

also that tweet is from 2011 so prob not real but those sweater puppets are real. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I didn't see this but it's fantastic. Going to a Sixers game when they had the mask mandate plus the vax card screen at the door made the lines to get in a nightmare. 

PS: Sixers in 5 and I hope Ben Simmons comes back in game 4 and doesn't score a single point. 

I was today years old when I learned the sixers made the playoffs.  That’s huge and historic for a philly team.  Wow just wow although being so good they’re gonna get shitty draft picks.  No more $17.76 basketball seats.  Philadelphia 76ers put your hands up post Malone aka the White Iverson and karl Malone aka black dude jimmy kümmel played are in the building.  Mic check sprectrum...chiggity check check check..can carpool from Lansdale with Matt Edge and do some nose bears wahahahah 

2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

E486A8D4-3F94-42CF-B258-CFD1C139CF0A.thumb.png.d483b9503a27d5894bc70e3729fcbd24.png

Since I’m super sick of work and still grinding through voicemails and check writing, I thought I’d do a cost breakdown of this trip for those interested.  It was a much less expensive trip than Jackson hole..in JH I spent more on lift tickets, dining out, airfare, airport parking and less on rental car and baggage at least $4,000 for JH, hard to gauge exactly as I brought a lot of cash with me.  

For colorado trip 

Rental car/gas $640

Hotels $840

3 days at Abasin $240

1 day Loveland $85

1 day at Copper $145

airfare free

airport baggage $90 roundtrip

airport parking $120

dispensory $350

food/drink $400 max or like one dinner in JH lol

total approx $2900 maybe less as I spent about $100 the first night going out to eat and some groceries and other days just had Einstein bagels, Wendy’s, cheap Mexican food and just random mini market stuff.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Lol Vox, I posted a NY Times study while you posted a source founded by Matt ygelias lol.

”We don’t believe you, you need more people!  Rocafella students of the game, we passed the class cause nobody could read you dudes like we do!” -JayZ

100% guarantee that there is a reason that graph cuts off where it does, when the lines are most divergent and heading in the proper directions to influence the masses with bogus "statistical" data. 

The real story to take from that graph is that at it's absolute best case moment of so called improvement in public health, the mask mandates offered two HUDREDTHs of a percent improvement in infection -- not hospitalization -- rates. 

But ooooohh, scary graph!

Fucking tools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Lol Vox, I posted a NY Times study while you posted a source founded by Matt ygelias lol.

”We don’t believe you, you need more people!  Rocafella students of the game, we passed the class cause nobody could read you dudes like we do!” -JayZ

Your chart appears not to be a NYT study, but rather created by well known anti mandate author Ian Miller, who said he based it on NYT data. If he massaged the data to get the results he wanted is unknown. 

15 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Fucking tools.

You can make data say anything you want. Liars, damned liars, and statistics. 

My experience, after 50 years of wearing masks and PPE in the industrial chemical industry, leads me to see the value in them.

Although I do agree that cloth masks are worthless, and put electrostatic inserts in from the start of the pandemic  

TTFN. 

Edited by C1erArt