4/12-4/19 Colorado trip report.

11 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Did they ever even restart it? They were going to reinstate, but several weeks after they announced it. Didn’t make sense, if they were that concerned, why not make it immediately? 

They announced it early last week and reinstated it on Monday and stopped it yesterday.  Are they still requiring masks in hospitals?  The only reason I’m not throwing out my masks is that I think medical offices will require them for a long time.  I’m sure they’ll give out the paper masks to people who don’t have one though.   I just think it will feel awesome to throw away all my masks.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They announced it early last week and reinstated it on Monday and stopped it yesterday.  Are they still requiring masks in hospitals?  The only reason I’m not throwing out my masks is that I think medical offices will require them for a long time.  I’m sure they’ll give out the paper masks to people who don’t have one though.   I just think it will feel awesome to throw away all my masks.  

Depends on location within hospital for patients. All staff when in patient contact. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barb said:

Yeah, Vail Pass was closed in both directions for a while. 

And it’s 75 degrees out here and the lawn at my work got mowed today.  It’s ok I still have a bit of an afterglow from my untracked pow last week and have been having fun.  I sang karaoke Wednesday night errr rapped and was out party rocking last night.  

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the most I've ever spent on an airline ticket to Phoenix for my brother in law's wedding last month.  It was a bank breaker traveling with the whole family on not a lot of advance notice in this current price environment.  Worth it for a family event, but DAMN.

25 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Flights in general are insane right now. I'm swiping my card like a crazy man to rack up miles. A coffee at Dunkin equates to 6 miles. Shit adds up

Is that double points?  $3x2?  Just paid my last months credit card bill.  I earned probably 7-8,000 miles just this last month with double points on hotels and restaurants.  

25 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I spent the most I've ever spent on an airline ticket to Phoenix for my brother in law's wedding last month.  It was a bank breaker traveling with the whole family on not a lot of advance notice in this current price environment.  Worth it for a family event, but DAMN.

How much was airfare?  I know when I flew virgin airlines to London two decades ago, airfare was almost a grand.  I think the highest I’ve paid domestic was $5something to JH one year.  I’m going to a family wedding next month in jersey city and my parents paid for my hotel room.  

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much was airfare?  I know when I flew virgin airlines to London two decades ago, airfare was almost a grand.  I think the highest I’ve paid domestic was $5something to JH one year.  I’m going to a family wedding next month in jersey city and my parents paid for my hotel room.  

It was around $1,000 per ticket.  Easter weekend so basically worst possible scenario for prices.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is that double points?  $3x2?  Just paid my last months credit card bill.  I earned probably 7-8,000 miles just this last month with double points on hotels and restaurants.  

Restaurants are triple I think. $2 coffee is 6 points

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

It was around $1,000 per ticket.  Easter weekend so basically worst possible scenario for prices.  

Crazy so a last minute wedding.  Good thing you’re rich. You probably couldn’t get away with just giving $100 as a gift since you brought the whole Fam along.  I might give $150 for my cousins wedding because I’ve been giving $100 for over a decade and inflation is real. 

49 minutes ago, Schif said:

There are some decently priced flights out there but for some reason PHL to DEN is holding strong at over $500 round trip which just seems overpriced to me. 

Fuel costs are at record levels as is demand.  There’s a new term called “revenge travel” which is that people are willing to travel at any price just because they haven’t travelled in so long.