Wedding at Blue

mgguy

My daughter's friend is getting married and reception at Blue on Saturday; looking forward to seeing what that is like! Hopefully cooler at the mountain top than every where else. Not looking forward to a suit in 95 degree weather....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mgguy said:

My daughter's friend is getting married and reception at Blue on Saturday; looking forward to seeing what that is like! Hopefully cooler at the mountain top than every where else. Not looking forward to a suit in 95 degree weather....

More importantly we will need some pics of lift construction. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mgguy said:

Skip the jacket. Nobody will notice or care.  What’s crazy is there’s no hotel at Blue.  I’m sure a lot of drunk driving after weddings. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 6:39 PM, mgguy said:

I would recommend wearing a jacket.

It probably will have a cool breeze. Better than being in sticky Philly.

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

and flip-flops.

Oh man that reminds me that I have to dig out my dress shoes for this wedding as well.  Haven’t worn them since 2019. I think I have a pair of dress socks lurking. I hate buying clothes that I’m only gonna wear one time.  My blue dress shirt is hanging up 

20 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Two weddings ago like five years ago I went to an outdoor wedding and it was like 85 degrees.  I spent like $70 on a sport coat and I never even wore it cause it was so hot it was like a prop. @theprogram4I’m gonna give my cousin $100 for her wedding.  

I’m a groomsman for a wedding in Aruba later on this year.  Luckily the groom offered to pay some of my expenses.  Went to renew my passport and they want about 100 documents including my 2nd grade report card, plus my first born child and my pinky toe 

Edited by theprogram4

14 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m a groomsman for a wedding in Aruba later on this year.  Luckily the groom offered to pay some of my expenses.  Went to renew my passport and they want about 100 documents including my 2nd grade report card, plus my first born child and my pinky toe 

Destination weddings are crap as well unless it’s somewhere you want to go. My passport is expired, I’m not looking forward to renewing it.  I think my parents have my birth certificate at their house in Virginia.  It needs to be done at some point so I don’t have to get a PA real ID

24 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Went to renew my passport and they want about 100 documents including my 2nd grade report card, plus my first born child and my pinky toe 

Don't forget about the $130 for the privilege of coming in and out of your country, along with the huge wait time.

10 minutes ago, Benm said:

Why do you need a birth certificate?

Got my real id a while ago. As with all things the govt handles, they managed to fuck it up and my ID is valid for 8 years.

I heard someone else say this recently as well, I don’t remember having to provide anything to get my real id, I actually did it online. 

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

One of the guys I know at the bar works for the DMV and he even said about the birth certificate. 

The only hard to find doc that I could remember was an actual SS card, I had it but my wife didn't. Requesting a new card was way easier than I thought. 

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

The groom must be really rich..did you initially say you didn’t want to go?