Wedding at Blue

mgguy

45 minutes ago, Benm said:

The only hard to find doc that I could remember was an actual SS card, I had it but my wife didn't. Requesting a new card was way easier than I thought. 

I have no clue where SS card is, the last time I needed one was probably for a job 18 years ago.  

When airports require real IDs next year it’s gonna be chaos.  It’s dumb you can’t just use drivers license in PA

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The groom must be really rich..did you initially say you didn’t want to go?

Not rich, just one of my closest friends so I was going regardless if money was chipped in or not, but he felt bad and offered to chip in (wedding was rescheduled from Brooklyn to Aruba). Not sure if I’ll accept that money yet 

Edited by theprogram4

Had a nice time. Wedding took place down the hill from the lodge. Nice view and breeze on a very hot day. Haven't been to Blue in a few years and pleasantly surprised at the nice remodeling done upstairs in the main lodge. Food was very good too! Blue did a nice job! 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 4:49 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh man that reminds me that I have to dig out my dress shoes for this wedding as well.  Haven’t worn them since 2019. I think I have a pair of dress socks lurking. I hate buying clothes that I’m only gonna wear one time.  My blue dress shirt is hanging up 

omg omg. Can I nominate you for Queen Eye on Netflix? Then, Tan can take you shopping so you have more than 1 blue dress shirt. 

2 hours ago, skiincy said:

omg omg. Can I nominate you for Queen Eye on Netflix? Then, Tan can take you shopping so you have more than 1 blue dress shirt. 

I have  a new dress shirt and shoes as of this past Saturday. Just as we were pulling into the hotel parking lot in Conshy  I remembered my garment bag was hanging on the basement door. 🙄 When I brought it downstairs to put in the car the wife wasn't back yet from dropping the kids at my parents so I hung it up there and then walked right out without it. Everything for the wedding we went to was in there, suit, shirt, ties, pants, shoes, dress socks. 

Had just over 2 hours until the wedding, lol. Had stashed an extra pair of black dress pants in my regular bag in case I decided against the suit I'd rather wear the plain black instead of the gray, so I had those. Ran out to DXL at KOP for a shirt, tie and shoes, and ran into WalMart and grabbed undershirts and socks. Made it to the wedding with about 5 min to spare. Definitely not buying a season locker after that unexpected $250 outlay. 🤣

• Haha 7

On 5/21/2022 at 12:26 PM, theprogram4 said:

I’m a groomsman for a wedding in Aruba later on this year.  Luckily the groom offered to pay some of my expenses.  Went to renew my passport and they want about 100 documents including my 2nd grade report card, plus my first born child and my pinky toe 

Lol at having to take a physical headshot of yourself that is 2”x2” and send that pic with a physical paper application.  A few questions

1.  What year is it?  We are still doing written applications and snail mail?

2.  Why the hell would I have a 2x2 headshot of myself?

3.  Do I take a fucking selfie, crop it to 2x2, and then send it in?

57 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Lol at having to take a physical headshot of yourself that is 2”x2” and send that pic with a physical paper application.  A few questions

1.  What year is it?  We are still doing written applications and snail mail?

2.  Why the hell would I have a 2x2 headshot of myself?

3.  Do I take a fucking selfie, crop it to 2x2, and then send it in?

Go to CVS they will take care of the whole picture thing for you then just turn it in with the paperwork at the post office. Some post offices require an appointment, the one in Downingtown did. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Do I take a fucking selfie, crop it to 2x2, and then send it in?

Got mine at CVS for a super discount rate of $18. I was like wtf. If I knew that, I'd have taken a photo of myself against a white wall, cropped it and got a 50c 4x6.

I don't know if the requirements are listed anywhere, but they printed off a card with mine that had a rubric on it, maybe it'll help you. I also had my sweater zipped up and they said to unzip the top so my neck showed --

image.png.293e67d13917cb40330bc84e41365a1d.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Benm said:

Got mine at CVS for a super discount rate of $18. I was like wtf. If I knew that, I'd have taken a photo of myself against a white wall, cropped it and got a 50c 4x6.

I don't know if the requirements are listed anywhere, but they printed off a card with mine that had a rubric on it, maybe it'll help you. I also had my sweater zipped up and they said to unzip the top so my neck showed --

image.png.293e67d13917cb40330bc84e41365a1d.png

That’s a grate picture of you.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Schif said:

Go to CVS they will take care of the whole picture thing for you then just turn it in with the paperwork at the post office. Some post offices require an appointment, the one in Downingtown did. 

Thanks!  I didn’t know I could just turn the paperwork in at the post office.  PASR is a much better resource than the US government site