The 2022-23 ski season thread.

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I wouldn't mind trying a new Pennsylvania ski area like Blue knob or maybe hit up plattekill (never been) since I'll probably not do an ORDA card this season. Always nice to add new areas to the list. Maybe a PASR day at the knob indy peeps? Other than that Blue of course and trip(s) to AZ SB.

I'm pumped for the Indy Pass again. Looking forward to some Greek, Montage, and Shawnee days.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Justin said:

Just got my renewal gift card from Blue in my inbox, stoke is rising! Thought I'd pop in and say hi. Making it a point to get in a solid day count at Blue this year. I wonder what I'll blow my free $50 on?

Mine arrived also.  Probably use it for parking.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

i was just having this conversation with a friend over the weekend.  He thought Blue would pick it up, but i dont think Blue would want anything to do with shutting down their usually sold out snow tubing to have a radio station and their groupies shit the place up.  (i mean, more than usual)

i heard at one point a Vail employee that works at JF, that i know, said that there was a contract "in place" before vail bought, and they may be forced into making Vail honor the contract.  i just laughed when heard that one.  

i told him Montage would be all over it, but the drive is pretty significant.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

i was just having this conversation with a friend over the weekend.  He thought Blue would pick it up, but i dont think Blue would want anything to do with shutting down their usually sold out snow tubing to have a radio station and their groupies shit the place up.  (i mean, more than usual)

i heard at one point a Vail employee that works at JF, that i know, said that there was a contract "in place" before vail bought, and they may be forced into making Vail honor the contract.  i just laughed when heard that one.  

i told him Montage would be all over it, but the drive is pretty significant.  

I heard basically that same rumor, contract was in place before vail bought, Vail said no way and the station basically went FU then we’ll go somewhere else and cancelled last years event. I think it would’ve been more of a PITA to go through all of the legalities with it than it was to cancel the event in October like they did. 

52 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I heard basically that same rumor, contract was in place before vail bought, Vail said no way and the station basically went FU then we’ll go somewhere else and cancelled last years event. I think it would’ve been more of a PITA to go through all of the legalities with it than it was to cancel the event in October like they did. 

Vail's lawyers are better and bigger than WMMR's

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m surprised people still listen to the regular radio anymore.  I googled WMMR and I guess Preston and Steve are big.  Do any of y’all Philly Phucks listen to the John DeBella show?  

i listened to Debella when he was on WMMR.  

1 hour ago, mbike-ski said:

Yea saw that, thanks RR. Will be doing it again, pairs nice with the Indy pass for this NYS homer. I ran the numbers based on the same ski dates and rates as last year and it actually came out $1/day cheaper, hopefully this years rate increases are nominal.

Skiitooolive will be so proud of you for the accurate accounting measures you have taken to figure that out.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3