The 2022-23 ski season thread.

14 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m curious if anyone has me blocked.  I would guess so with all the non sense I post, but so many people come up to me in the lot giving props for my posts that I’m not sure

”you hate it but you know respect you gots to give me.” -Eminem

Highly doubt it. Regardless of your nonsense you are too valuable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Don't be so sure!  I don't know about all this flying business...

What do you have against flying? I believe most of those posts are in the Aviation Thread. I constantly see posts about things I'm uninterested in such as NASCAR discussions, sportsball and Toast's weekly lawn pics, but that doesn't mean I put people on ignore 

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

What do you have against flying? I believe most of those posts are in the Aviation Thread. I constantly see posts about things I'm uninterested in such as NASCAR discussions and Toast's weekly lawn pics, but that doesn't mean I put people on ignore 

Please show me my weekly lawn posts this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m curious if anyone has me blocked.  I would guess so with all the non sense I post, but so many people come up to me in the lot giving props for my posts that I’m not sure

”you hate it but you know respect you gots to give me.” -Eminem

Probably just SJWs and sandy vaginas.  Antman had me on ignore for awhile and he’s one of my biggest fans. 

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

What do you have against flying? I believe most of those posts are in the Aviation Thread. I constantly see posts about things I'm uninterested in such as NASCAR discussions, sportsball and Toast's weekly lawn pics, but that doesn't mean I put people on ignore 

You’re reading posts about nascar…in the car talk thread….. what did you expect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Antman had me on ignore for awhile and he’s one of my biggest fans. 

image.gif.d98e1c218e6702c95a36e58db8be5cec.gif

But I did have you on ignore for quite awhile. Eventually took you off because ever other damn post on the board was hidden. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

After all this time Salty is still quite an enigma to me. If I didn't know him I would think he's this badass airline pilot, bike riding, hard core dude. But then he posts about drinking yoohoos, eating fruit by the foots in the parking lot while using a jitterbug phone with a 256 megabyte data plan... and I can't believe he's actually an airplane flying, bike riding, world traveler. Good on you Salty for being you and not fitting the mold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey PASR, I've got a new job with more flexibility now so it seems like a pass would now be a good idea. Anyone planning on a Western trip this year, or want to plan one? I snagged a 4 pack of tickets to use for 2 days at Loveland and am thinking maybe Epic day pass would be the way to go. 

So who wants to go west with me and @skiincy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Hey PASR, I've got a new job with more flexibility now so it seems like a pass would now be a good idea. Anyone planning on a Western trip this year, or want to plan one? I snagged a 4 pack of tickets to use for 2 days at Loveland and am thinking maybe Epic day pass would be the way to go. 

Pops and I are planning to head west for a short trip but haven't made any plans yet. Was tentatively looking at Winter Park but haven't really dug into anything yet. What kind of trip are you looking at?

Looks like Epic Pass prices go up in about 8 hours.

44 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Pops and I are planning to head west for a short trip but haven't made any plans yet. Was tentatively looking at Winter Park but haven't really dug into anything yet. What kind of trip are you looking at?

Looks like Epic Pass prices go up in about 8 hours.

Definitely a trip to Colorado for at least 4 ski days but unsure on anything else. Winter Park could definitely be fun too. Ideally any trip would be in February or even March. Last two years January was somewhat disappointing 

17 hours ago, Schif said:

Congrats on the new job!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Congrats on the new job!

Thanks! Timing is weird that I got into remote work as most others are heading back to the office but I think its going to be great in terms of getting more days at Blue and the flexibility to travel for longer periods. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We ended up getting the 4-day Epic pass + 4-pack to Loveland to split + Blue Mountain

(In hind sight, should have bought the Epic or Ikon when season passes were lower.)

For 2023, we'll likely do a Colorado trip at the end of February / early March. And, use the Epic on weekdays + Loveland for the weekend. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Airline prices seem to be going down. Just fyi. May be a good time to start booking soon.

There are some Newark to Jackson hole direct round trip flights in January for under $400.  Oil prices have gone and with heavy inflation and a weakening economy I see flight demand decreasing as we head towards winter.