The 2022-23 ski season thread.

That hand written letter looks photoshopped.  However, if it’s legit, 2 points:

1.  Ron from Montana didn’t write that.  That is clearly female handwriting.  No male on planet earth could write that neat.

2.  Why the hell would you cram 2 sentences on top of each other between lines when the paper is already college ruled?

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 2:46 AM, zzslope said:

As many times as I have talked to people about skiing, I have never been asked if I can do a backflip or a 360.

It’s amazing how many former snowboarders I’ve met that “used to be able to do backflips and sh*t” 🙄

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Just booked hotel for my son and I to ski in VT from 3/31 to 4/1.  I’m hoping to do a long weekend the following weekend as well.  Anybody interested in skiing with me in VT on Easter weekend?  

I don’t even know when Easter is but it’s a good possibility for me and can play by ear based on weather since lodging is readily available last minute.  Where are you going with your son?  April 1 is one of my favorite holidays.  

51 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Just booked hotel for my son and I to ski in VT from 3/31 to 4/1.  I’m hoping to do a long weekend the following weekend as well.  Anybody interested in skiing with me in VT on Easter weekend?  

interested.  Following.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t even know when Easter is but it’s a good possibility for me and can play by ear based on weather since lodging is readily available last minute.  Where are you going with your son?  April 1 is one of my favorite holidays.  

Probably sugarbush and killington. Definitely ikon places depending on conditions.

Just got back from a morning Eldora session. Typical Eldora wind this morning, runs not too bad but lifts were windy AF. 

They got some snow over the weekend and 2” overnight. Conditions were very good. Crowds were non existent. Decided to try and focus on trees today. Did 4 of my runs in Jolly Jolie glades. Not exactly skiing, but sliding around. It made me laugh that they are marked a double black and not half as steep as the tree run we did in CB which was only a single black. 
But it definitely made my session more fun to check out something new at Eldora.

One lonely picture 

C738F7AA-354E-4493-9EF8-9684FC24935D.thumb.jpeg.0d591e8a7f7e5eb624d8783968dfdf0c.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Just got back from a morning Eldora session. Typical Eldora wind this morning, runs not too bad but lifts were windy AF. 

They got some snow over the weekend and 2” overnight. Conditions were very good. Crowds were non existent. Decided to try and focus on trees today. Did 4 of my runs in Jolly Jolie glades. Not exactly skiing, but sliding around. It made me laugh that they are marked a double black and not half as steep as the tree run we did in CB which was only a single black. 
But it definitely made my session more fun to check out something new at Eldora.

One lonely picture 

C738F7AA-354E-4493-9EF8-9684FC24935D.thumb.jpeg.0d591e8a7f7e5eb624d8783968dfdf0c.jpeg

Learning to ski bumps helps immensely when skiing trees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1