The 2022-23 ski season thread.

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Correct. That's what I did at Steamboat on my RTMs, it was radical.

That looks awesome.  I need to get out west so I can get mad steezy on some natural cliff and rock drops.  I'm still virgin to the west coast mountains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barb said:

And all the people that voted yes to that are absolutely NOT the people who will have wolves in their neighborhoods/ areas. Current reintroduction sides are Gunnison corridor and Crystal Valley corridor.  Coincidentally where I own my places. I do not think this is a good decision. 

edit-sorry thought this was the random thought thread 

No need to apologize it is very relative to the ski season if being chased by Wolves on the slopes is going to be a thing.  Kind of like that Russian insta video with the bear chasing a dude casual skiing down.  Or the videos of the wild boars charging people at the base area somewhere.

13 minutes ago, DiMe said:

That looks awesome.  I need to get out west so I can get mad steezy on some natural cliff and rock drops.  I'm still virgin to the west coast mountains.

As warren miller once said,”if you don’t take that dream ski trip this year, you’ll only be another year older when you do”. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DiMe said:

No need to apologize it is very relative to the ski season if being chased by Wolves on the slopes is going to be a thing.  Kind of like that Russian insta video with the bear chasing a dude casual skiing down.  Or the videos of the wild boars charging people at the base area somewhere.

The wolves reproduce fast…and are apex predators and cause havoc.  Regular dogs are like rivers and lakes and wolves are like waterfalls and I was always told not to chase waterfalls cause you might end up getting shot or becoming infected with HIV or monkey pox and I’m not about that Lyfe

1 hour ago, Barb said:

And all the people that voted yes to that are absolutely NOT the people who will have wolves in their neighborhoods/ areas. Current reintroduction sides are Gunnison corridor and Crystal Valley corridor.  Coincidentally where I own my places. I do not think this is a good decision. 

edit-sorry thought this was the random thought thread 

Yeah the Libs are for reintroduction of wolves and the repubs are against it cause the libs live in boulder and the conservatives live in cattle country…then when the wolves start spawning and become overpopulated and there are resolutions to hunt the wolves, then the Libs down in boulder where there’s a song about mattresses by the chain smokers only cause boulder rhymes with older will say no way wolves are neat..don’t hunt the wolves but do fear the reaper.  

C1336ECB-3F2F-444D-8023-5C625FD0D4C4.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

As warren miller once said,”if you don’t take that dream ski trip this year, you’ll only be another year older when you do”. 

Wont be doing it this year unless found someone to go with.  I also would limit myself to the safe west coast states as I dont take safety risk on airplanes!  It is definitely in my near future though.  The years go by way to fast 😪

55 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Wont be doing it this year unless found someone to go with.  I also would limit myself to the safe west coast states as I dont take safety risk on airplanes!  It is definitely in my near future though.  The years go by way to fast 😪

At least you don’t have a wife and kids unless you do lol.  

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, DiMe said:

Safety risk on airplanes? Ever get in a car?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I guess it's weed lingo but I still don't follow 💁

Edibles are your friend in that case.

Edit: West coast weed friendly states might be limiting the terrain too much. States with recreational to choose from are California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Montana, Colorado, Alaska, and New Mexico.

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Edit: West coast weed friendly states might be limiting the terrain too much. States with recreational to choose from are California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Montana, Colorado, Alaska, and New Mexico.

Thanks for the interpretation. @DiMe you don't need to smoke plants to have a good time, just breathe in that fresh Rocky Mountain air and that's all the high you'll need, just like John Denver says.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

This was funny 🤣

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

Seems like a nice variety to start at least for someone whi hasnt been yet.  My eyes are on Colorado.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for the interpretation. @DiMe you don't need to smoke plants to have a good time, just breathe in that fresh Rocky Mountain air and that's all the high you'll need, just like John Denver says.

It's a therapeutic medicine.  There gets to a point where it isn't "getting high" anymore.  24 years of being super safe has only led me to good things and kept me away from many bad things.😇

Edited by DiMe

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Does your mom write your name on your underwear so you don’t get them mixed up with your brahs when you have sleepovers???

No, we sleep in separate bedrooms. Maybe she will when you me and Ski2Live share a triple bunk bed at Verbier.