Bear Creek 22/23 Season

antman12

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up my pass this evening. 

quiet mountain. 
3C0FB560-E52C-4CF6-B7CD-833848ED6CF5.thumb.jpeg.766041ca5957ae0a864b31d11a3ef1eb.jpeg

On 12/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, mgguy said:

Opening day announced for season pass holders and hotel guests is 12/22. Selling tickets for general public starting 12/26. Planning to be first chair or close to it on the 22nd and will have report.

Just a heads up they WILL NOT be opening on the 22nd. The lady at the front desk said they’re are not aiming for Saturday. 

• Like 1

BC 12/26 trail report. Rolled in at a bit after 8:30, 17 degrees and a blue bird day. Parked in 3rd row, fairly light crowd early. First few runs of the season on Kodiak and the snow was very nice, firm, and could set edges anywhere, not a trace of ice. Went to F chair side- Broadway had great snow top to bottom. Polar Bear also nice fluffyness. Timberline was a bit too firm for my taste. Grizzly was very nice side to side, in fact ROTD was skiers left of Griz and then cut over and down skiers right of Broadway. Extreme and Sasquatch not open yet. Lines started to build around 11 or so, decided to call it a day around 11:14. All in all a great "opening day".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mgguy said:

BC 12/26 trail report. Rolled in at a bit after 8:30, 17 degrees and a blue bird day. Parked in 3rd row, fairly light crowd early. First few runs of the season on Kodiak and the snow was very nice, firm, and could set edges anywhere, not a trace of ice. Went to F chair side- Broadway had great snow top to bottom. Polar Bear also nice fluffyness. Timberline was a bit too firm for my taste. Grizzly was very nice side to side, in fact ROTD was skiers left of Griz and then cut over and down skiers right of Broadway. Extreme and Sasquatch not open yet. Lines started to build around 11 or so, decided to call it a day around 11:14. All in all a great "opening day".

That’s amazing how light the crowds are.  By 830 at blue there was a half filled parking lot.  

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

Santa sprinkled some Covid in my stocking so I haven’t been up to Bear yet. Hopefully this weekend. 

That stinks, hopefully it’s a mild case. 

They were sold out today,, I don’t know what the lift lines were like but parking lots were full.

My son got a job there the hourly isn’t bad and a season pass perk as well as one for a family member for $75! 

• Like 2

It was a decent day; snow wasn't as nice as yesterday, more firm, broken up, choppy/bumpy. Lines got a bit long by 11 or so and we packed it in. Lot's of little kids, Jerrys, human slalom gates at times. Temp was actually colder due to higher humidity, damp and penetrating. Opened Extreme today, narrow. Grizzly was still nicest run. Glad your kid got a job there, nice deal on season passes.

• Like 1

12/28 beautiful blue bird day. Rolled in at 8:25 with temps around 27 or so. Not a cloud in the sky. What a different day from yesterday, hard to believe it was the same mountain. Snow everywhere was perfect. Smooth, edgeable and fast. A chair opened up early so liftlines were minimal all morning. Slopes generally light crowd. Can't really name a run of the day as all runs were really good. Timberline, Grizzly, Broadway all great. Extreme looked good but didn't ski it, did one run on newly opened Sasquatch and it was ok. We left at 1:00 and still only backed up line was on E chair. Full house sell out as expected on a sunny, warm day. JADIP.

10 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Monday through Thursday close at 9pm . 
Are these hours new ? Figured I get in some runs before picking up Jr . Dang only got in one run. 

It’s been that way for 5ish years now I believe, at least a year before the pandemic. I used to stay until 10 while in college at Kutztown and the place was a ghost town after 830pm so it made sense for them to close earlier. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

It’s been that way for 5ish years now I believe, at least a year before the pandemic. I used to stay until 10 while in college at Kutztown and the place was a ghost town after 830pm so it made sense for them to close earlier. 

Thanks, I live close by but don’t go there too often. 

Got an early night session in today..Snow was surprisingly good...There's just not a lot of it...All the steeper stuff there skied OK....but had to be aware of thin spots...Felt like a spring night....They must have had a busy day cause the lower and part of the mid lot were pretty full when I arrived at 5:30....Lift line was about 5-8 min....Can't remember the last time I skied at night....Haven't been there in like five years...Good to ski there again....

20230102_173107.thumb.jpg.1e9e6a0ad88b4db8db90b638f1ec4d86.jpg20230102_175312.thumb.jpg.bb0221508d407e873368138a28b04465.jpg20230102_182616.thumb.jpg.e8801712a7cd730d889ec03fd21b3801.jpg20230102_183344.thumb.jpg.16915dd6faf2e51b122236cfd0f5b448.jpg20230102_185641.thumb.jpg.6e496d6f0e6b8d7b487790e2fdd66089.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Yeah, it was pretty crowded today; like all of last week. Got there before 9, snow was surprisingly quick and firm until just before 10 then got real soft. Still quick though, never got sticky. With the exception of Saturday the Creek was very busy and full for the Holiday week. The upper lot got filled pretty much all the way every day. Lift lines moved along pretty nicely though. "A" chair was open every day too.

I’ve been doing a bunch of night sessions as Jr doesn’t have his license . Took tonight off sort of. Air red and I had some food and a drink in the Bar by the pool. We wanted to  go for a walk at the Velodrome paths but the weather was crappy so after eating we walked around the hotel and conference center. It’s amazing , I didn’t know that there was an indoor pool as well in the lower level. All in all a very impressive hotel. 
Did 4k steps according to my health ap . 

33 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

I’ve been doing a bunch of night sessions as Jr doesn’t have his license . Took tonight off sort of. Air red and I had some food and a drink in the Bar by the pool. We wanted to  go for a walk at the Velodrome paths but the weather was crappy so after eating we walked around the hotel and conference center. It’s amazing , I didn’t know that there was an indoor pool as well in the lower level. All in all a very impressive hotel. 
Did 4k steps according to my health ap . 

The hotel bar is a hidden gem on busy weekends if you want to sneak in for a quick beer. Not sure if it’s changed but the cost of beer was less expensive than it was in the main cafeteria area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally got my first day at Bear of the season yesterday for a quick 90 minute session. Nothing of note that hasnt already been posted by MG or Mixi.

Going to be a ROUGH next 2 days. Hopefully they can survive till we get some snowmaking temperatures back.....although im only seeing lows of 26/27 degrees so hopefully they can fire up those nights. Gonna be spicy 🤕

image.png.d7127334a96cb034424529b12c69edf8.png

• Like 5